• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vacation to Napa.

I'm planning on a short trip non car related to California and was wondering if anyone had suggestions with either booking some type of tour package or winging it. I'm thinking of staying in or around Napa and renting a car to travel the vineyards specifically in Rutherford and Oakville.

I'm not to sure how most people do it but I would probably guess there are tour buses that drop you off at certain vineyards and pick you up, or nowadays you can uber around.

Any input and thoughts would be appreciated!

Be sure to check out Artesa winery in the Carneros regieon. Their wine is awesome and it is fairly priced. Plus, it is a very cool place to visit. Lots of art and modern architecture.

Be sure to check out Artesa winery in the Carneros regieon. Their wine is awesome and it is fairly priced. Plus, it is a very cool place to visit. Lots of art and modern architecture.

Maybe. If they are in carneros I assume Pinot Noir is their main varietal and I dislike American pinot, haha. I'll google them and see though.

Do you think tours or just driving around is better? Assuming you don't drink much and are ok to drive.

If you really want to see the area, I recommend the napa valley wine train. It is awesome. But I like to just drive since I am somewhat local.

Message me your schedule and let's meet for a drink. Also if anything feel free to ring me up. Sending my number right now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you don't have a DD I would look into booking a private car service. They run about $60/hour, tip included. If you use a wine specific company and let them know what kind of wine you would like to try, they will set up appointments and suggest places.

My wife and I visited a few years ago and did a Napa Valley Bike wine tour. Interesting. Day 1 was on mountain bikes and was mostly off-road. IIRC it was around 15 miles. Visited four wineries with lunch in the middle.

Day 2 was on road bikes and was on pavement and again IIRC it was around 16 miles. Four additional and lunch again. Brought us through back country and wonderful sights. Lunch day 1 was at a charming place on picnic benches. Day 2 was at a winery. Both lunches (as most meals we had in the Bay area) were fantastic. (We bicycled past the French Laundry in Yount, CA. Maybe culinary talent rubs off on a 50-mile radius, LOL.)

They have different levels based on conditioning. We were in the beginner group as neither of us were ardent bikers. They were very accommodating to people with varied pace.

I really liked Day 1. Day 2 actually had fewer grades but after Day 1 I guess I was a little tired. They have a van accompanying the tour and if anyone had a problem making it, they'd load 'em up in the van. As tired as I felt Day 2, there was no way I was going to carted around!

I'd highly recommend it. "Napa Valley Bike Tours".

Last edited:
Back