• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with Transmission #

Looking at a 92. I understand some of these cars have potential snap ring issues. Can anyone tell me if this appears to be the transmission number. It is different from others that I have seen

JH4NA1152NT100718.

Thanks in advance for any help.

That's the VIN. The number is visible on the top of transmission by looking down on the drivers side of the engine bay near the air box.

1992 with a VIN of 718 is an early production 92. Good chance this has a Snap-ring trans.

The snap ring failure is limited to transmission numbers J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978.

1992 with a VIN of 718 is an early production 92. Good chance this has a Snap-ring trans.

Mine is #677 that year and had a snap ring failure. But lucky me, the PO put an SOS rebuilt in it right before I bought it.

I go through Peoria Acura in Phoenix. Ask for Tim in internet sales. He can get great prices. He just sold me a new 6 speed (a few weeks ago) for $5800 shipped. He said there were only a couple left in the US. I am so glad I got one.

According to my latest search, they are N/A.....

Yes, I know Tim very well:)....

In case people have trouble finding the transmission number.

Here's a picture indicating where to look:

HvghdT6.jpg

1GMRRx0.jpg

Last edited:
Back