• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Accidentally bought a '91 at Mecum auction

Attended this auction for the first time and decided to bid for fun since we knew there was a reserve. Well, it was fast and loud in there and I don't remember if I raised my hand or my wife pushed it up but they took my bid and at the same time took the reserve off. I've always liked these cars but shoot, I have a family of 4 what the hell am I supposed to do with a 2-seater! :mad:

Attachments

• nsx_res (1).jpg
    nsx_res (1).jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 411
Well, you can drive and enjoy it on the weekend. Its a great car to drive.
Or
Resell it.

That's a great story. Isn't also great to have a first world problem of having a family of four with a seater. It looks like you have a new daily driver for work.

I agree, let someone else enjoy the joy of child rearing...
I doubt that buying the car was an accident... however starting a family sometimes is. ;-))

Relish both. You will love the car...... and your family.

Sell the kids, they are way more expensive than the NSX! :tongue:

I have four kids. They all love the NSX (except for the 14 month old ... he probably does too but doesn't realize it yet). It's obviously not a family hauler but my kids love it when I pick one of them up from soccer/baseball/basketball (with proper shoe removal and cleaning, of course). Most of all, when dad needs to take a break, it's the perfect excuse! Keep it and let everyone in the family enjoy it!

Whooopsie!!!

Obviously, it was meant to be. Not every vehicle you own needs to haul everyone at once. Take the wife out on date nights in it. She definitely deserves that after helping you get the car and it's always good to remember when it was just you two. Also, if at least one of your kids shows an inclination to become a future car guy or girl, you'll have a vehicle to promote that interest. Not sure if it is a manual or not but, if it is you can teach all of your kids the lost art of driving stick. It looks like a clean car. Enjoy it.

Automatic nsx= castrated nsx:cool:

I've currently got four two seat cars in my stable and a wife and three kids. You can make it work.

Back