• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tallest possible rear tire size?

Hi All,

Quick tire question...What's the tallest tire I can run in the rear with a 17/18 set-up when using the ubiquitous 215/40-17 on the front without upsetting the TCS nannies? 275/35-18? Anything taller? I don't want to lower the car and want to fill out the wheel well as much as possible.

The car is a '95 and the wheels are Prodrive GC-07, 17x 7.5+44 front and 18x 9.5+44 rear.

Thanks!

Rick

Last edited:
Personally I'd go 265/35/18. I still recommend lowering it for the proper look, even if just mildly. Running anything taller will only worsen the look further if you don't lower it at all.

Don't forget, going with a taller tire also changes your Final Drive ratio, thereby decreasing acceleration.

Last edited:
not sure if filling up the wheel well with a thick sidewall for looks is worth also raising up the ground clearance at the same time... maybe if you had/have aftermarket sideskirts that are bigger it might look ok, but on the NA1 stock sides, the car looks so thin from the side profile, a bigger ground clearance will make it look kinda goofy

Back