• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just purchased ctsv

09 manual. Stock they make 470 rwhp. Mine did 630rwhp with 3psi less boost but heads, cam, intake, headers, exhaust. Slower than my sos built monster but stronger in the trunk department.

Sounds like a monster, almost embarrassed to fire it up for early morning drives.

A starting my search to replace my 02 TL-S and took a look at the new ATS. Found out it's the same platform as the new Camaro so that killed it for me. Actually just too small. I think the new CTS is built on the same rear wheel drive platform. Lots of Cadillac features but pricey with all the options. But very sporty cars, Corvette engine on a sedan.
Good driving.

Congrats!

I have owned two 2G CTS-Vs. I bought a 6AT 2009 sedan a few months after original release, modded it with some bolt-ons, and enjoyed 45k miles of daily driving. I then traded it almost 4 1/2 years ago for my current Blue Beastwagon, my 6MT, OBM, über-rare (1/513 6MTs), unicorn. When I need a power hit, I drive the V. When I need superb handling, I've got the NSX. The wagon only has an Airraid intake and a Stainless Works exhaust, is otherwise as I ordered it from the factory.

y7hfeE.jpg

If you haven't yet, go to ctsvowners.com and join up.

OMG, Neuronbob! I'm nervous just looking at everything surrounding those cars in your garage.

OMG, Neuronbob! I'm nervous just looking at everything surrounding those cars in your garage.

Have no fear, that's an old picture from before I reorganized my garage with nice shelves, LOL. It's much more car-friendly now.

Congrats!

I have owned two 2G CTS-Vs. I bought a 6AT 2009 sedan a few months after original release, modded it with some bolt-ons, and enjoyed 45k miles of daily driving. I then traded it almost 4 1/2 years ago for my current Blue Beastwagon, my 6MT, OBM, über-rare (1/513 6MTs), unicorn. When I need a power hit, I drive the V. When I need superb handling, I've got the NSX. The wagon only has an Airraid intake and a Stainless Works exhaust, is otherwise as I ordered it from the factory.

If you haven't yet, go to ctsvowners.com and join up.

I'm actually in between a W211 E63 AMG and a 2nd gen CTS-V for my next daily, and I'm leaning more and more toward the V. Would like to find an automatic 2009 so my wife could drive it too.

How does it fair as a DD? How is the space? I've heard it's not that roomy, but the W211 is surprisingly small as well.

Idk its equivalent to an e series 5 series etc. The ats is smaller. Id say much more reliable than almost any equivalent mb/bmw/audi. Just did all 4 struts (the magnetic ride stuff they licence off to Ferrari etc) for $1100 (dealer wanted $2k parts). Go sit in one?

That's the plan when I can get the time. No luck where I'm at though, so I'll need to drive to DFW.

I'm actually in between a W211 E63 AMG and a 2nd gen CTS-V for my next daily, and I'm leaning more and more toward the V. Would like to find an automatic 2009 so my wife could drive it too.

My wife wanted a convertible and peiserg and I normally have nearly the same taste but I chose an SL55 AMG. I got it really cheap and its been painless for a year so far. However, if something does go wrong...:-( :-( $$$$

I did not do any mods because at nearly 500hp and 520 lb.ft. torque...without traction control, the Sport +s would be toast.

Back