• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fitment question for stock '91 nsx

I'm looking at the fifteen52 3pc chicane RSR wheels. 17" front and 18" rear. They can customize everything so what sizes do I want to not have any problems with tires rubbing and offsetting, etc. What would be the change in my suspension/ car performance going from the OEM 15" front and 16" rear?I've never purchased aftermarket wheels before so I know nothing about this. All input is appreciated.

1) After being through probably close to 20 sets of aftermarket wheels, I would say don't buy these as your first set. The reason is because you don't want to figure all this sizing, offset, tire rubbing stuff out on an extremely expensive set of wheels. Starting at $1400 per wheel (Almost $6k a set)???? That's ridiculous. You can find wheels just as nice for a lot cheaper. The resale value of these wheels is going to kill you when you decide you don't like them later (drop $6k now and expect to sell them for less than $2k used).

2) The sizes I like for 17/18 are: 17x8 +40 with 215/40-17 tires and a 18x9.5 +30 with a 265/35-18 tire. This gives a fairly aggressive stance without any rubbing issues... but the only way to figure out if you like the sizing is to try it yourself.

3) I'm not sure what you're looking at in these wheels, but for this design a 18/19" wheel will look a lot better (at the expense of performance). The reason is because the step lip creates an optical illusion making it seem smaller than it really is. The wheel will appears extremely small in a 17/18 set (it'll look like a 16/17" set do to the step lip).

4) Going from the 15/16s you'll probably notice an increase in overall weight for the wheel & tire set and therefore a slight reduction in acceleration. You should gain more in traction assuming you choose the right tires. Suspension wise you should consider lowering the car some to aid in the visual appearance.

Back