• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Applying PPF on rocker panels

After a front end repaint a number of years ago, I had the complete front end of my car covered in PPF along with the spats behind the rear wheels. For whatever reason, I did not do the rockers. I recently purchased some bulk 3M PPF to apply on the spoiler and rockers on another car. The bulk 3M PPF is reasonably cheap, so I figured why not do the NSX rockers. No compound curves so it should be a fairly easy install. I was measuring out the film and that is when I noticed the little arrow thingies impressed into the rocker panel at the jack points. Now that is a problem. The arrow impressions are deep enough that I am not confident that I could get the PPF into the impression. So, I am curious as to how those impressions have been treated on cars that have had PPF installed by a pro. Did they cut a small hole in the PPF where the arrow is located, did they manage to get the PPF to follow and stick to the sharp contours in the arrow or did they just install the PPF directly over the arrow and trust that the owner is probably never going to get down there and check it out?

Back