• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Adelaide's NSX-R

That was a really fun article to read! Thanks for posting. I did not know that early type R's could have a suede/alcantara dash and that the carbon fiber bits were real and not overlays. And, about the shift knob being designed for when wearing gloves, which makes sense enough to believe. I kind of loved the shoe idea, too. :) Makes me really want to find an NA1 type R promotional brochure or catalogue now. Also wonder whether the signatures will last when the engine compartment heats up over an extended time. I'll just assume that there are heat resistant markers and if so, he was smart enough to use them! And surprised about the Lotus Elise comment!

Thanks again for posting! Really enjoyed that.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing my article, s2kadrenalin. And a big thank you to everyone here for reading it ! I really enjoyed writing it and it was a pleasure to meet Hiroshi and share the experience of driving in his NSX-R. Even if it were only for a few hours. :)

Wow Thanks for sharing! What's that on the rear strut bar? (Aluminum foil?)
I asked the same question, Hass. Hiroshi said it was an aluminium sheet that Uehara-San (major project leader for the S2000 and NSX) had instructed him to put on after finding electrical issues. Apparently the NSX leaks in that area and the water can dribble down into the spark plug area or thereabouts which is the cause. Hiroshi said it looks terrible and he doesn't like it, but it does the job.

Great article!

Where would you store your shoes if you have the separate driving shoes in the car? Seems like it would be a hassle to have to open the trunk each time you got in/out of the car.

Great article!

Where would you store your shoes if you have the separate driving shoes in the car? Seems like it would be a hassle to have to open the trunk each time you got in/out of the car.
My photo came out kinda blurry so I decided not to include it in the final publish but Hiroshi has a white storage box behind the driver's seat. See attached. :)

IMG_6173.jpg

haha a shoe-box:biggrin:....

20170402_120338.jpg

20170402_120400.jpg

Great article and here are some shots of the R at Oxenberry winery day a few weeks ago with the HSCCA Honda Sports Car Club of Australia

^nice pics - MCBP looking stunning there. Did you damage the chin spoiler getting the car in / out of that position?

I haven't taken to wearing gloves (yet), but I almost always drive my NSX wearing Piloti Prototipos (purchased in Australia).

Thanks Nick, no damage to the MCBP, its very soft grass! The R is a beauty and very well driven by its owner. Look forward to seeing your Blue NSX one day!

Back