• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Enjoying My NSX- Remembering What It's All About

Today I just drove it. It's a beautiful day, I took off the top, loaded up my faithful copilot, and headed out to some twisty country roads. I enjoyed the push of acceleration and the intake roar in the lower gears, the force building pleasantly in the steering as I bent it through the curves, and the solid feel of the shifter.View attachment 143328
It's been a difficult and surprising two years: a really scary brain tumor surgery two years ago (successful, not malignant), followed a year later by minor surgery to take a bump off of what I'll call a private area, and then hernia surgery with some minor complications.
I didn't think about any of that,though, or the fact that a lot more things on my body hurt than they used to. I didn't spend the whole time thinking about doing something else to the car, or its current state- did I do the right thing in getting the Synchromesh cocktail (I did), should I have lowered it a little on TEIN S.Techs?
I just enjoyed the drive and the company of my sweet doggie, and felt grateful to be pretty healthy after a lot of crap, and thankful to be driving this beautiful car in this great place.

Thanks, I hope your year gets better.

Good for you Robbie! I'm sure you really know this in a big way but when you've had health issues you learn to not take any day for granted and don't waste a single one where you can get out in that great car and let it help you experience life to the fullest.

Butch

you can't find anymore loyalty than a dog...and nsx:wink:

Really great to see you out there enjoying yourself.

I admire your positive attitude through all of this.

Thanks for inspiring me to take the NSX out today. Despite the fact that I had to deploy the wipers, I'm glad I took her out.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for the kind words- now everybody get out and drive those things, garage queens and all.

Back