• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does this mean no keyless entry option on my car?

Took off the cover under the glove box and these are the pictures. I don't see the keyless entry black box. I also see two connectors not connected to anything. Any ideas what they're for?

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 158
Looks like no keyless master. You didn't specify the vintage of your car. On the later cars equipped with a passenger side air bag you don't need to remove that cover to see the master unit. With the air bag, there is no space above that cover for installation of the master so the master attaches to the bottom side of the cover and is easily visible if you stick your head under the dash on the passenger side.

There is an interposing wiring harness between master and the car wiring harness. The harness and the connection points for the harness changed once or twice with the model years. Its been a few years since I installed my keyless. My car is a 2000 and my recollection was that the connector on the vehicle harness was something like 10 - or 14 pins and was behind the clove box and more towards the center of the car. I recall I had to remove the actual glove box to get at the connection point. If your car is earlier, then the harness connectors may be different and in a different location.

But, short answer, looks like no keyless master on your car.

Last edited:
I just installed one on my 91. You do not have the system in your car. I bought a complete system from saansijack.

You our have to tap into on of the wiring jacks behind the glove compartment. It took a while to figure out because you need to remove one of the plugs and the wire locks to insert the two connectors.

Saansijack was great and provided instructions. It is a hands on job because you need to remove the glove compartment and one of the wiring harnesses. I believe eve it is B. You then need to remove the lock and insert two wires into A2 and B3.

View attachment 147195

I then got two black Honda Fit lock inserts on eBay and now have no keyholes showing in the doors. Looks cool.

View attachment 147196View attachment 147197

Nice. I ended up taking mine to Best Buy and have a Viper system installed. Even has the trunk release from the remote. I am quite happy. I don't trust myself to mess with car electronics. :)

There are great installation instructions on the listing which, of course, I did not see until after I finished my install.

I meticulously cleaned the door locks and trim area first. For the drive side there was no adhesive on the center. I put a little bit of silicone on the center of that cover before installing. Once I had them both in I pressed them in and then used this color back wax that I have to bring the black colors a little closer together. After that step I waxed them and buffed them really well.

They look really cool. I'm driving to NSXPO so they will have a great road test on the road and then on the track for a few days.

Back