• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake lamp light with LED taillights need HELP

I have had Apkarian's LED taillights in my 92 NSX for the past 7 yrs
I 1st used the resistors, later, I grounded the white/green wire and for the past 7 yrs all of it has worked flawlessly, not even one burned out LED bulb and I have 216,000 miles on my daily driver.
Last week the brake lamp warning light started staying on continuously.
Yesterday I read every post under LED taillights.
Today I checked my white/green wire to ground, I even added jumpers to the connector white/green jumped to black, still on. I even added a jumper to the left side sensor green to black at that plug.
On page 4 of the wiring diagrams on the back of my 92 service manual, it shows an ORN/WHT wire that goes from that right side sensor to the "safety indicator circuit". My question is what if I cut that ORN/WHT wire to disable the indicator light on the dash from ever coming on???
I've poured over my service manual and my 92 Electrical troubleshooting manual and do not see where the wire that goes to that brake lamp indicator on my dash is located underneath the dash.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frustrated in Dallas.

I have had Apkarian's LED taillights in my 92 NSX for the past 7 yrs
I 1st used the resistors, later, I grounded the white/green wire and for the past 7 yrs all of it has worked flawlessly, not even one burned out LED bulb and I have 216,000 miles on my daily driver.
Last week the brake lamp warning light started staying on continuously.
Yesterday I read every post under LED taillights.
Today I checked my white/green wire to ground, I even added jumpers to the connector white/green jumped to black, still on. I even added a jumper to the left side sensor green to black at that plug.
On page 4 of the wiring diagrams on the back of my 92 service manual, it shows an ORN/WHT wire that goes from that right side sensor to the "safety indicator circuit". My question is what if I cut that ORN/WHT wire to disable the indicator light on the dash from ever coming on???
I've poured over my service manual and my 92 Electrical troubleshooting manual and do not see where the wire that goes to that brake lamp indicator on my dash is located underneath the dash.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frustrated in Dallas.

I replaced my bulbs with led a couple years ago and never even bothered with the resistors... It's a little annoying at first but after a month I didn't even notice the indicator light... Unless You're going to sale it, I would just try to ignore. It's better then cutting wires just to turn it off...cut a small piece of electrical tape and cover it up if it bugs you that much....or just go back to regular bulbs.

Good luck!

Re-check your ground wire. I have the same set...still working, but has been repaired (bad solider) by Brian K.

Last edited:
Back