• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC NSX 1/8 mile times

Well, I had some fun night out with my son and CTSC powered NSX tonight. Took it to the local (Irwindale, CA) drag strip to see where I stand in respect to acceleration times after my Comptech supercharger install. The car is 1999 3.2 6 speed red with about 70k miles, she used to be a nice lady for many years, now turned to something different in nature after the owner (me) got bitten with go fast bug not too long ago. Car has comptech high boost kit with AEM piggyback, water/meth injection kit running distilled water only, I did some weight reduction, nothing drastic or irreversible, stock motor, stock clutch, street tires, test pipes:wink:, I wanted the car to look stock that's about it.
So I had 3 runs and here are the times on 1/8 mile strip:
1st run: 8.720 sec, 85.81 trap speed, 2.297 60 feet (beat Jeep SRT8)
2nd run 8.411 sec 85.47 speed 2.038 60' (came second to 700hp Evo) Evo got 7.351 at 96.64 mph :eek:
3rd run 8.988 sec 84.24 2.370 60' (on this one I was by myself, no car next to me and I bogged 1st gear and basically screwed up the run)
I did some calculations on Wallace Racing 1/8 to 0-60 converter and this is what I got in respect to 0-60 times:
1st run 4.26 sec
2nd run 4.14 sec
3rd run 4.56 sec
And since my clutch is stock I did not want to ruin it and I was not dropping the clutch, but easing to it almost like launching the car normally, but flooring it after it was engaged, starting at about 2.5-2.7k rpm
I consider these to be quite respectable times for mildly modified NSX and would like to hear thoughts of other NSXers
I could post some videos shot by my son from the stands if there is any interest
Oh, and the icing on the cake, on the way back we saw this gourgeaus black NSX with numbers 123 on the side, it had GT style wing, we had some fun pulls on 210 fwy around 11pm, I wonder who was it? If anybody knows please let me know

That's impressive. If you drove it like you stole it you should get in to the high 3 sec 0-60.

What kind of blower do you run? It seems the old whipple units produce far less hp than the autorotor or the new lysholm.
Also, what power are you laying down? But those are pretty good 0-60 time factors.

Well, I had some fun night out with my son and CTSC powered NSX tonight. Took it to the local (Irwindale, CA) drag strip to see where I stand in respect to acceleration times after my Comptech supercharger install. The car is 1999 3.2 6 speed red with about 70k miles, she used to be a nice lady for many years, now turned to something different in nature after the owner (me) got bitten with go fast bug not too long ago. Car has comptech high boost kit with AEM piggyback, water/meth injection kit running distilled water only, I did some weight reduction, nothing drastic or irreversible, stock motor, stock clutch, street tires, test pipes:wink:, I wanted the car to look stock that's about it.
So I had 3 runs and here are the times on 1/8 mile strip:
1st run: 8.720 sec, 85.81 trap speed, 2.297 60 feet (beat Jeep SRT8)
2nd run 8.411 sec 85.47 speed 2.038 60' (came second to 700hp Evo) Evo got 7.351 at 96.64 mph :eek:
3rd run 8.988 sec 84.24 2.370 60' (on this one I was by myself, no car next to me and I bogged 1st gear and basically screwed up the run)
I did some calculations on Wallace Racing 1/8 to 0-60 converter and this is what I got in respect to 0-60 times:
1st run 4.26 sec
2nd run 4.14 sec
3rd run 4.56 sec
And since my clutch is stock I did not want to ruin it and I was not dropping the clutch, but easing to it almost like launching the car normally, but flooring it after it was engaged, starting at about 2.5-2.7k rpm
I consider these to be quite respectable times for mildly modified NSX and would like to hear thoughts of other NSXers
I could post some videos shot by my son from the stands if there is any interest
Oh, and the icing on the cake, on the way back we saw this gourgeaus black NSX with numbers 123 on the side, it had GT style wing, we had some fun pulls on 210 fwy around 11pm, I wonder who was it? If anybody knows please let me know

looks like you're a local. I live a little east in corona but frequent the area a lot. Maybe we'll run into each other on the track once I get my tune. who did your tune btw?

Last edited:
What kind of blower do you run? It seems the old whipple units produce far less hp than the autorotor or the new lysholm.
Also, what power are you laying down? But those are pretty good 0-60 time factors.

I have Lysholm 1600ar blower with high boost 86mm pulley putting down 9lb of boost

looks like you're a local. I live a little east in corona but frequent the area a lot. Maybe we'll run into each other on the track once I get my tune. who did your tune btw?

The kit came already tuned by SOS for 3.2 liter motor. I realized that fine tune would be necessary, but had no chance to do it. I have not even dynoed the car yet! Any suggestions who I can take it to? I tried calling few places and either they are too busy or I get to someone who tells me to go with standalone ECU and they only will tune it after that :rolleyes: I would not want to go to someone who never did an NSX tune before

The kit came already tuned by SOS for 3.2 liter motor. I realized that fine tune would be necessary, but had no chance to do it. I have not even dynoed the car yet! Any suggestions who I can take it to? I tried calling few places and either they are too busy or I get to someone who tells me to go with standalone ECU and they only will tune it after that :rolleyes: I would not want to go to someone who never did an NSX tune before

I am taking my car to churches I'll find out if they can do it without standalone. Most likely yes. Shoot me a text 9518240396 my name is Armond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just took my car through the 1/4 mile and I didn't launch the car either. I did a street start and then floored it. If you do launch the car you can probably knock at least .2 off of your 60' time.

I just took my car through the 1/4 mile and I didn't launch the car either. I did a street start and then floored it. If you do launch the car you can probably knock at least .2 off of your 60' time.

On the 3rd run I tried to launch it, but spun the tires, bogged the engine and that was it. Finding perfect launching balance is the key IMO.
I took the car to scales today and found out that I'm at 2910lb with 1/4 tank full, with other fluids topped off including full water/meth reservoir. Not bad for a targa I think
Next thing is to get dyno numbers, hopefully soon, I'll try to post

That is pretty light. Was the track strictly 1/8 mile ? I ran quarter mile with 1/8 mile timing too. I wanted to launch the car once but I wouldn't meet the safety requirements for the speed my car would generate.

I haven't weighed my car but my guess is it is about 2,950 - 3000 lbs

That is pretty light. Was the track strictly 1/8 mile ? I ran quarter mile with 1/8 mile timing too. I wanted to launch the car once but I wouldn't meet the safety requirements for the speed my car would generate.

I haven't weighed my car but my guess is it is about 2,950 - 3000 lbs

I believe it was, from what I know they don't have full 1/4 mile track. I did some weight reduction, removed engine cover, swapped oem battery for Shorai Li-Iron, removed spare tire with bracket, got CF seats (40lb savings), installed Aragosta coilovers (with aluminum shocks, 40lb all 4, awesome shocks!), running 17/18" CE-28's, they are one of the lightest out there and my favorite design, Comptech exhaust, guppy style antenna (about 10lb savings), test pipes, but have intact interior with sound and AC. I could have been lighter if not for SC and meth kit, but from my calculations that added only about 25lb max

Last edited:
Back