• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wanted NSX for TV show "Wheeler Dealers".

Hey guys, just as the title says.

I'm a producer on the show WD and we're looking for an NSX.
If you aren't familial with the show, we buy vehicles that need some TLC. Fix them up and sell it for a profit.

So we're looking for a clean title NSX that needs some love that we can get at a good price.

Please PM me if anybody knows of anything.

Thanks

I have a 91 NSX, Red with 138,000 miles on it. It runs good but it is at the Acura dealer right now in PA and it needs some items such as an ABS modulator, ECM, wheel sensor, and some other items. I have owned it for 11 years now and love the car. 5 speed trans with a clear and clean title. I am NOT looking to give it away and I may consider selling it for the right price. Feel free to call me at 610-348-5166 or email me at [email protected] The car does run and drive and looks fantastic as always.

Have you ever watched the show on velocity tv?...they buy low,fix, and sell for a profit...

I have a 91 NSX, Red with 138,000 miles on it. It runs good but it is at the Acura dealer right now in PA and it needs some items such as an ABS modulator, ECM, wheel sensor, and some other items. I have owned it for 11 years now and love the car. 5 speed trans with a clear and clean title. I am NOT looking to give it away and I may consider selling it for the right price. Feel free to call me at 610-348-5166 or email me at [email protected] The car does run and drive and looks fantastic as always.
Thank you for this. I'll give you a call.

Like DocJohn said, we would have to buy this at a great price for it to work for the show. The NSX is obviously an incredible car and one that "Wheeler Dealers" hasn't done yet. And mostly becasue they bring such great money, it's hard to find a clean title one for a steal of a price.
So we're hoping to find one that might have a blown head gasket, etc.. Or something where the owner doesn't want to deal with it anymore and we could get an aggressive price. This find might be rarer than hen’s teeth, but it's always worth an ask!
And best part, you get to be on TV!! :smile:

If $52K for a 1995 is low, give me a shout. But I doubt it is.

BTW, is this a backdoor way to post a WTB ad?

It's not the price, it's what the value is. If a $52K car all cleaned up is worth $60K, than it's a good buy for us. If a $52K car is worth $52K, than it's not.

Have you ever watched the show on velocity tv?...they buy low,fix, and sell for a profit...

This guy gets it!
We're not looking to low ball anyone. We freely want a car that needs work that someone is willing to let go at a steal. Might be like finding hens teeth, but we'll definitely try!

It's not the price, it's what the value is. If a $52K car all cleaned up is worth $60K, than it's a good buy for us. If a $52K car is worth $52K, than it's not.

I am certain that after you put some elbow grease into this car, you will get more than what you have to pay. How much...now that is open to debate. I am sure mine is full retail, so I will quit joking around and let someone else with one worthy of a rebuild post here.

Good luck.

Too bad you couldn't work it out with the network to keep Ed China. Never the same

A little food for thought. Has anyone verified that the OP actually works for the show? Maybe he's looking for a great deal and really has no intention of this car being used as implied.

Just being a devil's advocate. I'm sure no one would misrepresent them self on the internet! :D

very true.....kinda like like the IRS calling your home looking for back taxes....with a thick accent,,,,,,:mad:

National televised TV show is not going to worry about paying $30k or even $100k for a show. I smell something funny! LOL!

I love watching this show, I've always wondered when are they going to start buying an NsX or even a GTr

A little food for thought. Has anyone verified that the OP actually works for the show? Maybe he's looking for a great deal and really has no intention of this car being used as implied.

Just being a devil's advocate. I'm sure no one would misrepresent them self on the internet! :D

I feel better now for having felt this way initially when seeing this post!

I love watching this show, I've always wondered when are they going to start buying an NsX or even a GTr

I enjoyed the show too since I am able to look beyond the unrealistic justification/presentation of costs vs. sell price vs. labor hours expended... It's just TV.

One thing I'm occasionally surprised by is the lack of attention to detail at the very end showing of the car on the rotating platform. So easy at times to see certain blemishes or rough spots that could have so easily been polished or fixed or tidied up.

So where is dsilby? I have an idea. He's driving his 3000gt VR-4. It looks like he does nice work with the help of professionals.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/time-ha...long-1st-2nd-gen-vr4-project-complete-672945/

Nice car, nice color. Nice wheels. Am reminded how advanced the NSX interior was for its time, back when interior trim-outs were all grey and treated with too many soft radiused edges, resulting in looking like you were sitting in a valley of hardened molten lava (Chevy/GM being the absolute worst at the time).

+1. Definitely one of my faves. Not going to be the same without Edd China fiddling with the spanners though.

Back