• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Nsx Owner - GPW Lovefab Stage 2

Hi All,

My name is Ash and I wanted to create a tread to introduce myself and serve as a build thread. I have been an NSX fan since I first sat in one at the age of 7 (never thought about an rx7 again haha) and have been lurking on the forums for years. After 21 years I can finally say I have an NSX of my own!

I purchased the car from John McCain, John McCain Racing / Totes McGoats here on prime. I met him back in 2007 when I worked for him at Pohanka Acura and have always told him when he was ready to sell I want it. Well he called me back in November and said he was ready to let her go; we made a deal and I put my 6 months old Jeep up for sale the next day. The car is a 97 with 49k on it. John purchased the car in 01 with 26k on it and has done all the mods. Funny thing is the last time I drove an nsx was in 07 and it was this car (pre-turbo)! I knew I didn't need to look at the car as John took great care of it and did not cut corners on the mods.

Fast forward to this past weekend and I was finally able to take delivery of the car and could not be happier.

Here is a quick mod list of things John did to the car. My plans are to take it from being a race car and make it back in to a street car, while still keeping the go fast bits!

Mods when Purchased
-LoveFab Stage 2 w/ Precision 6158
-Exedy stage 2 clutch
-OS Giken Super Locking Diff
-Volk ce28's
-Sparco Evo II seats
-Tein coilovers
-Procar Type R wing and air ducts.
-Tons of other little things

Untitled by Ashley Betchar, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice car Ash! Welcome! Your name is cool as well, I have the same name but go by my initials. Looks like all she really needs is a vent or nav-pod and some engine hatch struts.:wink:
What kind of power is it putting down?

Nice car Ash! Welcome! Your name is cool as well, I have the same name but go by my initials. Looks like all she really needs is a vent or nav-pod and some engine hatch struts.:wink:
What kind of power is it putting down?

Haha Yeah John was in the middle of moving so hes got to dig up the Vents and then they will be going back in. New trunk and hatch struts are on the way, the wood strut is a little iffy.

Its in the mid 400's, Im going to dyno it sometime this summer to get some accurate numbers

Last edited:
LoveFab

Welcome to the LoveFab family and congrats on your purchase.

Congrats!
exterior looks perfect

Its in great shape for a 97 with only 49k. Its got a dent on the edge of the driver door and fender but other then that a good detail will really clean it up

Welcome to the LoveFab family and congrats on your purchase.

Thanks! I am in the process of replicating your turbo oil sump and pump set up to get rid of the smoking.

Welcome to the family - I think I commented on your IG. I also have a GPW Lovefab car.

Ravi

Once installed, you will really enjoy that beast.
And please record video when possible, the sound of the LoveFab spool is therapeutic.

Last edited:
Went to Ocean City Cruise Week this week. Its primarily a Domestic and Muscle car show But the NSX still turned some heads. Learned the hard way that 450 WHP is not enough when you are out with these kinda cars. My buddies blue vette does 690 to the wheels on a twin turbo kit, talk about a rocket!

You should have drove down to Raleigh this past weekend and hung out with 30+ NSX's at the Mini NSXPO!!!

No worries, I hope to see this car sometime as we are both on the East Coast! Great story thus far..

You should have drove down to Raleigh this past weekend and hung out with 30+ NSX's at the Mini NSXPO!!!

No worries, I hope to see this car sometime as we are both on the East Coast! Great story thus far..

I would have loved to but this was on the calendar for a long time, was able to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a while. Plus is was funny to show up some domestic guys haha

Would love to see that thing in person some time. PM me so we can arrange a meeting.
Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for sure!!

[MENTION=20569]runnin9z[/MENTION] Ashley, what center console is that and how is the fitment? Need something like that.

Its from Dali racing from back in the day. It was all wrapped up until i recently installed it. The fitment it prob 7 or 8 out of 10. I will be selling it soon in order to do a full stereo and would be willing to sell it.

Back