• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust + header combo

I am planning to improve sound of my stock 95 EU Targa.

Easiest options would be SOS header + exhaust or Pride Lightweight / V2 exhaust + headers.

What do you recommend? I am planning to remove cats aswell.

Do I need to make a tune after that or ECU will learn new from new AFR.

thanks

I am a big fan of the Pride system. Well built and reasonably priced. I believe the SoS headers are discontinued. You also can never go wrong with CT Engineering headers. Perfect fit every time and carb certified if that matters.

Easiest options would be SOS header + exhaust or Pride Lightweight / V2 exhaust + headers.

thanks

you do not have to tune it and you'll still see and feel the gains. With increased exhaust flow you might run rich the ecu will correct as much as it can but not guaranteed. you may want to do a light tune but then you'll be getting injectors, fic and maybe even uego for a/f ratio. also I have those parts if you're looking I am turbo'd and I purchased all new parts.

thanks
Well one important note here, you have a EU car thus the exhaust layout for your year differs from the Acura's.
And no your car won't need a re-tune for the cat's it will how ever need extended wiring for the sensors which is very straight forward.

That said I'm getting in a complete exhaust line with headers from a EU car here in my shop with client reverting to stock
Where in Europe are you located?

I have installed a cheap DC headers (slightly modified) + custom made Exhaust with Cat
together with light Flywheel and CF clutch , K&N air filter
best Dyno pull was 304 THP , with a total gain of 30 HP (tested on the same Dyno)

I have installed a cheap DC headers (slightly modified) + custom made Exhaust with Cat
together with light Flywheel and CF clutch , K&N air filter
best Dyno pull was 304 THP , with a total gain of 30 HP (tested on the same Dyno)
Yes that's typical 30 HP gain with a full system and appropriate intake.
Mind posting up the dyno sheet?

Often the 2000-5000 rpm range is where there is a lot of improvement possible in header designs on the NSX.
That said slightly modified DC's are in my opinion the best back for buck header budget wise.

They do fail often but then again they are cheap.

Together with Headers and exhaust am using a Carbonetic Clutch and Flywheel set , K&N filter on the original air box

note:the first Dyno run was made in Summer time, second run was made in Winter.The lowest temperature of the air could have affected positively the result of the second run

The headers are been modified because the already known problem , similar to the Top Speed Headers
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/137108-Top-Speed-Header-Problem
Next time I will go for more expensive but better manufactured headers and will save lot of time.

NSX Banco prova R.jpg

Back