• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sway Bar Options

Hey guys, I’m in the process of upgrading my entire suspension. Right now, I’m just purchasing all the pieces that I need and will then install them all at once. One of the next items I’m looking to purchase is sway bars. Back in the day, there were several companies who offered these bars…. Dali being the most commonly purchased bar. Now that Dali is gone, the only shop I see selling sway bars is Science of Speed. Are the any companies selling sway bars other than SOS? Does anyone have any feedback on the SOS bars?

It looks like SOS only offers one choice in bar diameter. Which if I remember correctly is the same size as the old Street/track bar that Dali use to sell.

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...fspeed-adjustable-anti-sway-bars-for-nsx.html

They also offer the NSX-R front bar, but I think I need something a bit more aggressive than that.

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...a-na2-nsx-r-front-stabilizer-bushing-set.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Steve

Only one reply? Thank you, Jwmelvin... I appreciate it! I checked out the Pole2flag bars, and while they are nice, I'm just not sure they are $1700 nice... lol

I can't be the only person looking for sway bar options....

I had the same questions as you did since there are no more Dali bars available. I was told to get the CT swaybar set. We all know the quality of CT. I would recommend those as an option if you cannot find a Dali bar and you don't have a grand to drop on a bladed bar set.

The NSX-R bar was specifically designed to work with that suspension, so if you don't have them it may not work as well with your suspension. I had the CT bars on my NSX and loved them. You can get them at CT Engineering. The SOS bars are also very good and similar in tuning and performance to the CT. The pole to flag bar is probably the highest performance option available because it is a bladed adjustable sway bar however, the price point is much higher than the other options. Therefore, you need to decide what the primary use of your car will be. If it is a track car, then perhaps it makes sense to go with the pole to flag option for maximum performance. If not, the other two options may be more of a cost-benefit advantage.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the responses!

Being that the car will mainly be used for fun, spirited canyon drives (and *maybe* a track day or two), I don't think I will go with a full bladed bar set up. So it looks like my options are CT or SOS.

SOS lists the diameter of their bar as 22.2 mm, but CT only says that their bar is 300% more stiffer than OEM on the middle setting. I guess I will have to call CT and ask for the diameter of their bars so that I can get a better comparison. Has anyone tried either of these bars?

Thanks!

FYI. One of Dali's car had the RFY but the blades are rusted now cuz they were not nickel treated and the rod ends are commercial grade not Aurora aerospace grade. the commonly made one piece bar is made from mild steel not 4130 like ours(not a big $ delta). We prefer more updated upgrades for this special car instead of the old trusted one piece bar which has been around since the 60's that we have on our other sporty cars.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the responses!

Being that the car will mainly be used for fun, spirited canyon drives (and *maybe* a track day or two), I don't think I will go with a full bladed bar set up. So it looks like my options are CT or SOS.

SOS lists the diameter of their bar as 22.2 mm, but CT only says that their bar is 300% more stiffer than OEM on the middle setting. I guess I will have to call CT and ask for the diameter of their bars so that I can get a better comparison. Has anyone tried either of these bars?

Thanks!

I believe the CT are 19.5mm but it has been many years since I measured them!

Back