• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

trouble finding a matching set of tires

Hello to all

I cannot put this chore off any longer!!.. my rears are shot.. or course fronts are fine... except they are about 7 years old.

I DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR HARD... AT ALL
I DO NOT DRIVE IN THE WET... AT ALL
I LIVE IN MICHIGAN.... MEANING I SHOULD SELL THIS CAR AND BUY A JEEP!!! OR A TANK!! OR ROADS ARE A NATIONAL DISGRACE!!!
I have 18in in the front
19 inch in rear
lowered about 1.25 inches

the current general p215/35 R18 front and P265/30 R19 look absolutely great on the car and I really don't want to fiddle with tire size.

wet or drive traction is not important
low noise is important
looks very important
longevity is reasonably important..... previous owner remounted the rear tires to other side just before I bought it 4 years ago and got more miles out of the rears...

was counting on michilen pilots... but have to go up in size a bit in the front

found some NITTOs.... neogen in front and NTSSS in rear... can't even match those!!! but at least I can match the sizes

does anybody have anything good to say about the nittos... or bad?????

or a suggestion as to a full set of matching tires??

I have a full set of Nitto NT555's in 215/35/18 and 275/30/19. Fronts have less than 2,000 miles and rears have about 6,000 with light inner wear which were flipped recently prior to going Michelin PSS. Make me an offer. Shipping though, would probably be ridiculous!

They are not good all season tires however and road noise is lots more than the PSS.

Back