• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Emissions in northern va

A '95 is OBD2, right? So it's just a scan, not any sort of sniff test. I go to McLean Automotive Service Center because I like the guy who does inspections there.

1995 should be OBD 1, 1996 started OBD 2. I live in Fairfax County and my old 1994 Supra TT OBD 1 had to be done using the tail pipe sniffer test. Needless to say it failed every time. Sorry don't know of any worry free place for you to use.

Moving to Northern VA myself.. I was hoping to see some good news about the NSX there and emissions. Its just a dream isnt it? Historic plates?

Good news about cars in northern Virginia? Hahahaha that’s good. It’s a miserable place for cars on several levels. But you can do antique plates if your car is 25 years old and you can plausibly comply with the driving restrictions.

My OBD2 car really isn’t a problem; I don’t know how stringent the sniffer tests are.

Go to car meets and ask around, anyone who does it will be doing so very discretely. In Fairfax you might be completely out of luck as they really just don't like cars in that area.

Use an address to register your car as “Garaged” in a county that doesnt do emmissions. I use a family address in Williamsburg. Never need to worry about it.

Otherwise, try Burke Auto Services.

I ended up going to burke auto. One of the employees bout crapped his shorts when I pulled up in the x. You def need to be with the car, they thought the engine was in the front.

Back