• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Make an offer" ads

Hi Lud

Suggestion: Have your guys send me a notification that something should be changed BEFORE you just delete the post and give me a few hours to comply. In my case, I did not include a price. Really, member since 2000 and "make me an offer" is not good enough? What am I missing?

Hi Lud

Suggestion: Have your guys send me a notification that something should be changed BEFORE you just delete the post and give me a few hours to comply. In my case, I did not include a price. Really, member since 2000 and "make me an offer" is not good enough? What am I missing?

You're missing the rules.

As a member since 2000 you should know them by now. This isn't eBay. Rules have always been that a price must be stated. No price means ad deletion and no warnings are given since they are in the rules.

RSO 34

Please talk to Lud. There are already different rules for new and old members. Site and member safety are Lud's concerns...if I may speak for him.

Do you wait at red lights in rural areas (at 2 am when you have unobstructed 360 degree visibility) until the light turns green? Not quite the same as when the road is full of farm vehicles and school buses, is it?

Where is reason and logic? I ask again....what am I missing? Perhaps I should ask this....Why do we need to include a price? How does that help the site and its members? Really, I would love to know, because it makes no sense to me.

RSO 34

Please talk to Lud. There are already different rules for new and old members. Site and member safety are Lud's concerns...if I may speak for him.

Do you wait at red lights in rural areas (at 2 am when you have unobstructed 360 degree visibility) until the light turns green? Not quite the same as when the road is full of farm vehicles and school buses, is it?

Where is reason and logic? I ask again....what am I missing? Perhaps I should ask this....Why do we need to include a price? How does that help the site and its members? Really, I would love to know, because it makes no sense to me.

The rules are clear so I don't understand why they don't make sense to you. I also don't understand why you think they shouldn't apply to you. I am a moderator and they apply to me so why are you an exception?

As for your attempt at an analogy, I have to admit that I am confounded by the fact that it makes no sense in this instance but maybe it's just me...

You had 11 posts in 17 years and two were threads that were deleted for violating marketplace rules. The rules apply to all irrespective of length of time or post totals.

The marketplace clearly says to read the rules and then a hyperlink brings you to the rules that should be read.

To put it simply and reduce the number of clicks you need to do, please review:

image.jpg

image.jpg

...Do you wait at red lights in rural areas (at 2 am when you have unobstructed 360 degree visibility) until the light turns green? Not quite the same as when the road is full of farm vehicles and school buses, is it? ...

My answer to that is: Yes.

Now my question to you since you don't like to follow rules. Do you pay to take the train or ride a bus? Because going by your interpretation of law and order, you shouldn't have too because it's going there anyway.

I'll say it because I don't have to be PC. If you don't like the rules you don't have to sell anything here. Try Fleabay or Craigslist.

lol.....If I'm eating breakfast with Karl and I eat all my pancakes....and I'm still hungry....I'm eatin Karl's.....:biggrin:

Ha, did somebody just basically use the, "go ask your boss for me" argument? Gotta good chuckle out of that one.

Now, can we have some rules around FB-style posts asking for members to pull CarFax requests for them (i.e. stealing from a legitimate company?)

Hello Karl, I hope you are well, it has been a long time.

Quite some time ago I implemented the "give a price you'll sell for" rule on the Marketplace. There were several reasons, the two main ones being:
  • The main one is that I had seen several frustrating situations where people would falsify a bidding war (telling everyone who sent an offer that there was a higher offer from someone else and they'd have to beat that bogus amount if they wanted the item). To my mind this is basically a type of fraud.
  • Having price history (at least asking if not selling) helps people who are trying to figure out a fair price for a smiliar item see what the market is like.

I realize sometimes people don't necessarily know the true market value, esp. for unusual items, and in those cases I think a site like eBay is great, and the seller is always welcome to post an ad here with a link to their eBay auction.

Sorry for any frustration and if you just message me or RSO with your asking price it can be edited into your ad and the ad un-deleted so you don't have to repost it from scratch.

Thanks Lud

Please add the following:

"I am a bit unsure where to price this. I hope all of you find $6000 or more reasonable, but if I am missing something please let me know. I suspect a fair price will pretty quickly become clear. I don't want to play any games, just want to find my supercharger a good home with potentially a new friend. I see that happening at a price that makes both of us happy. I will edit as questions come in and as I lay it all out and get some pictures. So far:
What's the mileage: I guess that would be about 20k. I sold the car just over a week ago with 77k and took the supercharger off just before I sold the running car (running with supercharger and NA :) ).
When did you get it: I don't remember. I will see if Comptech can tell me. It was one of ?six? that Mark Basch and I installed at my place, so Mark might remember. (I did my own install with his aide and he did the rest.)
Does the kit have everything that Comptech sent you: Yes, plus enough new fuel hose to replace the brittle braided lines that originally came with the kit. I have already connected ?three? of the connectors to the new hose, so one and a half lines are already ready to go."

Also, Lud. What happened to all of my posts from years ago? Were those debates with Ken in another forum, or did they go during an update?

Thanks Lud

Please add the following:

"I am a bit unsure where to price this. I hope all of you find $6000 or more reasonable, but if I am missing something please let me know. I suspect a fair price will pretty quickly become clear. I don't want to play any games, just want to find my supercharger a good home with potentially a new friend. I see that happening at a price that makes both of us happy. I will edit as questions come in and as I lay it all out and get some pictures. So far:
What's the mileage: I guess that would be about 20k. I sold the car just over a week ago with 77k and took the supercharger off just before I sold the running car (running with supercharger and NA :) ).
When did you get it: I don't remember. I will see if Comptech can tell me. It was one of ?six? that Mark Basch and I installed at my place, so Mark might remember. (I did my own install with his aide and he did the rest.)
Does the kit have everything that Comptech sent you: Yes, plus enough new fuel hose to replace the brittle braided lines that originally came with the kit. I have already connected ?three? of the connectors to the new hose, so one and a half lines are already ready to go."

Also, Lud. What happened to all of my posts from years ago? Were those debates with Ken in another forum, or did they go during an update?

Ad is live with edit request inserted

For the rest of you knuckleheads. :tongue: You don't know me because I have been out of the picture for a while. If you did, you would know that I really do want to be helpful. Once the post goes back up, you should see that. I assume that anyone with a CT supercharger will read the post, if nothing else, to see what theirs is worth. Great, if that is true, I have eyeballs and while putting the original intake back on I discovered the fuel line and blow-off line elbow "issues" that others should find useful. I was more upset that useful information was deleted than my sale posting.

DocL (what's your name if I may ask) I have a feeling we could entertain a bunch of people debating "our world." I don't wait at red lights in the middle of the night if there is no safety issue, and I know that I can create a situation where you wouldn't either. :smile: If I get a ticket, that would be the consequence of my actions. No problem. Do I pay for the train? Always have. I am happy that the service exists and I don't like others paying for me. Confused why you think I generally don't like to follow rules. I was ignorant to the reasoning and wanted to know what that was. Lud has now explained that and that helps me with my future postings. My provocative nature is not intended to just serve me. Here I'll bring this back to the NSX since that is why we are all here.

The "rules" say the rear toe on the '91s was 5-7mm IN. Ok calling the spec a "rule" might be a stretch, but there were many that believed that straying from that spec was a crime up there with murder. Some of the replies I had to "hey guys, after burning through my rears and eating the inside edges of my fronts in only a few thousand miles, I zeroed my front and rear toe and I've had a different car. No more rear end squirming on grooved wet roads, far less push and 20k on sticky rears" just astounded me. I was just trying to help and I get the wrath of those who are convinced "the engineers know best." What does that mean? Do you guys really know what toe does? Do you know that if you are racing (i.e. pushing the car to and over the limit, which none of you should be doing on the road) the fastest setup will change from track to track and without doubt be outside the recommended settings provided by the engineers that know best. Ever consider this: Honda sold a car that was faster than most, knew that lots of us would push the car as we tried to figure out our own limits as well as those of the car and that being the case, set the car up to push and return the rear end as much as possible on "oh sh.t" drop throttle. Far less spent to settle law suits that way. Didn't that whole tire wear law suit came from an attitude of "we were just following the rules and the rules clearly didn't work for us"?

Bottom line for me (as a successful SCCA and NASA racer and instructor who really is just trying to help you guys) is that if you are running any toe on your NSX and benefiting from that on the public roads, then you are driving irresponsibly (perhaps breaking the rules :smile: ) and/or you could benefit from some driving instruction. Sorry if that is too provocative or offensive, but it's highly likely.

DocJohn...I'm happy to share.

Speedmaster...more like, can you please get me a supervisor since I don't want to get you fired for not following the rules and because you are not giving, or cannot give, me the information I seek. No big deal really. It all seems to have worked out in the end.....unless this toe thing explodes again. :smile:

Last edited:
HaHa I think I remember you from nsxpos of very long ago......nothing wrong with being a provocateur.....

I am not aware of any reason they would have been lost. I remember a ton of your technical contributions to the NSX community were in the late '90s on the e-mail listserv before this site even had a message forum. Some of that is preserved in the FAQ. If you are certain that you did have a lot more posts on the forum as well I will do a little database forensics and see if I can figure anything out, but there are a few of us who have been posting on here for 15+ years now and everyone else's old posts still seem to be there so I don't think there is any major database issue.

Glad your ad is sorted out now, good luck with the sale.

[MENTION=3991]Karl[/MENTION], a CT supercharger kit even in fair condition will fetch 6K easy as cake. If in great condition 7-8K it will move almost immediately from what I have seen here.

For the rest of you knuckleheads. :tongue: You don't know me because I have been out of the picture for a while. If you did, you would know that I really do want to be helpful. Once the post goes back up, you should see that. I assume that anyone with a CT supercharger will read the post, if nothing else, to see what theirs is worth. Great, if that is true, I have eyeballs and while putting the original intake back on I discovered the fuel line and blow-off line elbow "issues" that others should find useful. I was more upset that useful information was deleted than my sale posting.

DocL (what's your name if I may ask) I have a feeling we could entertain a bunch of people debating "our world." I don't wait at red lights in the middle of the night if there is no safety issue, and I know that I can create a situation where you wouldn't either. :smile: If I get a ticket, that would be the consequence of my actions. No problem. Do I pay for the train? Always have. I am happy that the service exists and I don't like others paying for me. Confused why you think I generally don't like to follow rules. I was ignorant to the reasoning and wanted to know what that was. Lud has now explained that and that helps me with my future postings. My provocative nature is not intended to just serve me. Here I'll bring this back to the NSX since that is why we are all here.

The "rules" say the rear toe on the '91s was 5-7mm IN. Ok calling the spec a "rule" might be a stretch, but there were many that believed that straying from that spec was a crime up there with murder. Some of the replies I had to "hey guys, after burning through my rears and eating the inside edges of my fronts in only a few thousand miles, I zeroed my front and rear toe and I've had a different car. No more rear end squirming on grooved wet roads, far less push and 20k on sticky rears" just astounded me. I was just trying to help and I get the wrath of those who are convinced "the engineers know best." What does that mean? Do you guys really know what toe does? Do you know that if you are racing (i.e. pushing the car to and over the limit, which none of you should be doing on the road) the fastest setup will change from track to track and without doubt be outside the recommended settings provided by the engineers that know best. Ever consider this: Honda sold a car that was faster than most, knew that lots of us would push the car as we tried to figure out our own limits as well as those of the car and that being the case, set the car up to push and return the rear end as much as possible on "oh sh.t" drop throttle. Far less spent to settle law suits that way. Didn't that whole tire wear law suit came from an attitude of "we were just following the rules and the rules clearly didn't work for us"?

Bottom line for me (as a successful SCCA and NASA racer and instructor who really is just trying to help you guys) is that if you are running any toe on your NSX and benefiting from that on the public roads, then you are driving irresponsibly (perhaps breaking the rules :smile: ) and/or you could benefit from some driving instruction. Sorry if that is too provocative or offensive, but it's highly likely.

DocJohn...I'm happy to share.

Speedmaster...more like, can you please get me a supervisor since I don't want to get you fired for not following the rules and because you are not giving, or cannot give, me the information I seek. No big deal really. It all seems to have worked out in the end.....unless this toe thing explodes again. :smile:

I just had a laugh out loud moment. Thanks for the response. Good stuff. Keep writing and giving us newer-folks tips/advice.

...DocL (what's your name if I may ask) I have a feeling we could entertain a bunch of people debating "our world." I don't wait at red lights in the middle of the night if there is no safety issue, and I know that I can create a situation where you wouldn't either. If I get a ticket, that would be the consequence of my actions. No problem. Do I pay for the train? Always have. I am happy that the service exists and I don't like others paying for me. Confused why you think I generally don't like to follow rules. I was ignorant to the reasoning and wanted to know what that was. Lud has now explained that and that helps me with my future postings. My provocative nature is not intended to just serve me. Here I'll bring this back to the NSX since that is why we are all here.

Robert is my name, please don't abuse it. :)

My first reply to was was only intended to get some thought provoking reply and it worked. Like you, my "provocative nature" is not intended to be self serving and I couldn't have said it any better. Sometimes how we read and interpret the writings of others is in our minds. Yeah, I like to call people out. And I expect to be called out and questioned in the same manner. I've always use the train and bus analogy as a question because it always elicits a response. BTW, I'm glad you pay for the train! I think we can all return to DEFCON 5 now as there does not appear to be any more threat to our coexistence here on Prime.

-Cheers

Back