• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Light Module...can anyone tell me where this part is on our car?

I am going to throw on some daytime running lights and want to have them stay on while ignition is on. I presume this means I need a module.

Can anyone in Canada please let me know where this sits (and if you know the part number, that would be helpful.)

Fuse number 3 in the cabin.
Just run power from there by tapping power with a fused wire to your DRL setup.
If a relay is required, control the relay with fuse 3 and power the lamps from another higher powered source under the hood.
If your car is US car, no DRL module is on the car. Acura/Honda only installed them on cars outside the US..

I have a write up on NSXPrime. Wiki section. others do as well. It is well documented.

I have installed DRLs on about 12 cars that have been brought up from the US. Including mine. ( I imported it out of Chicago)

http://www3.telus.net/warrenshan/Cars/NSX/DRLs/DRL_v01.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks WarrenW. I recall your writeup. It is funny, I vacillate from wanting DRLs to not to wanting them. I saw them today on another car and decided to look into this again.

As to the advice, I really wanted to go the plug and play route if I could. Is that even an option?

My mod is 100% plug and play. It can be removed with no evidence. I would recommend DRLs. Being from Canada, I can tell you that anything you can do to make your car be seen more may save you one day.
When I drive in the US, I am always shocked the US doesn't require DRLs. I can see a car from 2kms away on a bright sunny day with DRLs. Without I would be only guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What about if I want to add a set in the area below the turn signals? I have several sets of DRL that are glass-lenses and have the mounting brackets. These are what I had in mind to install. They sit in the lower open area, where air flows through.

What about if I want to add a set in the area below the turn signals? I have several sets of DRL that are glass-lenses and have the mounting brackets. These are what I had in mind to install. They sit in the lower open area, where air flows through.
Same, wire the same as in my writeup. Unless there is the need for a ballast or relay.

Back