• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I am back in NSX after 7+ years.

Love the fob wrap. How and how much?
Window tinting place did it for me for free. If you have the bottom metal key portion removed, it is not super hard. The hardest part is cutting out the opening for the buttons.

It looks good. But doesn't it make you think to yourself, "I am vinyl wrapping parts in carbon on an almost 200k car?" Just seems a bit cheesy for that price point to me. I dunno....

Haha IMO the Ferrari F12 bumpers look way better with a little help from black vinyl or even [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]plastidip.

Blacked out front and back emblem (gloss black metallic), wrapped the key fob and added NSX wallet.

Mirror and some other small touches next.

really diggin this! keep it up.. please mod away. i like the subtle changes

It looks good. But doesn't it make you think to yourself, "I am vinyl wrapping parts in carbon on an almost 200k car?" Just seems a bit cheesy for that price point to me. I dunno....

What does a $200K pricetag have anything to do with personalizing a small detail of a plastic key fob? Let's lose the pretentious/snob thought here. That's the whole idea of buying a 200K Honda right? :rolleyes:

What does a $200K pricetag have anything to do with personalizing a small detail of a plastic key fob? Let's lose the pretentious/snob thought here. That's the whole idea of buying a 200K Honda right? :rolleyes:
i think he was referring to the beak.

doing that whole TRON thing to lambos (or any car) seems cheesy to me.

^Bingo. Not dogging the personalization of the op's car but merely asking a question more so as he owns other high end vehicles which do not have dull carbon and shiny crome trim in the grill.
The fob looks very cool and I'd do that as well as the beak mod.

Again, what does $200K have to do with the vinyl wrapping? Honda pushed chrome. User consensus is that it's too flashy and does not match so you mod it. It's a faster reaction/change than praying for Honda to include options for the elusive 18 MY.

Another cryptic message

One might not expect changes for MY18

again I think they are treating a very special car with a very standard approach.....they build or retool an entire facility....they design a on line custom order system...they are competing with the high end...and they know there are things they could do differently......and they just keep on keepin on....:confused:

again I think they are treating a very special car with a very standard approach.....they build or retool an entire facility....they design a on line custom order system...they are competing with the high end...and they know there are things they could do differently......and they just keep on keepin on....:confused:

Why would they need to change anything? It's selling like hot cakes. So much so there are 5 pages of for sale ads already here on Prime. Most of them duplicate listings though. There's a lot I like about the car but after driving one I prefer the gen 1. Even if I could afford a gen 2, I'd prob end up with a gt3 instead. They reallly need to make this car in yellow and I might sell some kidneys.:biggrin:

Window tinting place did it for me for free. If you have the bottom metal key portion removed, it is not super hard. The hardest part is cutting out the opening for the buttons.

Do you have more comparison photos of the NSX and other supercars? such as mclaren or lamb or maybe a ferrari?

thanks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rZDtJsRX5_Y?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

video of nsxsupra

Love your special touches Jason.
Thank you, added a few more. After a lot of trial and error, decided to leave side skirts alone. Tried partial wrap, whole wrap, no go.

However, I think the trim wrap around the exhaust tips is a wild success. As black exhaust trim on NSX with carbon exterior package make the exhaust disappears. Adding metallic grey keeps the stealthy look while makes it pop. Also replaced license plate bolts with black ones, but pics were already taken with silver ones.

Attachments

• File_000-8.jpg
    File_000-8.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 249
  • File_001-3.jpg
    File_001-3.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Do you have more comparison photos of the NSX and other supercars? such as mclaren or lamb or maybe a ferrari?

thanks

I do not have much other than ones taken with Huracan or 570S.

The Range Rover Sport Autobiography is his new addition, addiction is real, Civic Type R on the way.

Attachments

• File_000-12.jpg
    File_000-12.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 250
  • File_000-14.jpg
    File_000-14.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 249
  • File_001-4.jpg
    File_001-4.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
I do not have much other than ones taken with Huracan or 570S.

The Range Rover Sport Autobiography is his new addition, addiction is real, Civic Type R on the way.

What a beAuty! Do you have a day comparison pictures? Sorry to bother u and thanks a lot

Blacked out front and back emblem (gloss black metallic), wrapped the key fob and added NSX wallet.

Mirror and some other small touches next.

May I ask where you got the wallet? Perfect Father's day gift

thanks I was looking for a photo of the inside of the wallet (website only has the exterior)

It has 6 + 2 slots, I stuffed additional auto, health, business cards inside the additional slots. Functional and so far durable.

Attachments

• File_000-7 copy 2.jpg
    File_000-7 copy 2.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 206
It has 6 + 2 slots, I stuffed additional auto, health, business cards inside the additional slots. Functional and so far durable.

thanks for the photo! :) So no room for cash just the 6 cards?

Might be a good slim carry wallet :)

Back