• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Catalytic converter options

Hello! I just purchased a 91 from out of state. When I took it in for the Colorado emissions test, they informed me that the car didn't have catalytic converters. Oops.

I think that I have 2 options:
  1. Install a catalytic converter on the existing exhaust.
  2. Install an original exhaust system (I have access to one).

Here are some pictures of the current exhaust.

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.18.06 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.18.14 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.18.21 AM.jpg

So, here is an original exhaust. The thing I don't get is it has two inlets. I think I'd need another part to fit this on my current exhaust.

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.21.22 AM.jpg

I'd love any suggestions. Thank you!

Thanks to both of you, but the issue is that the Comptech aftermarket exhaust can't accommodate the catalytic converters that would fit on the original exhaust system. The plumbing is different. So, I either have to replace this exhaust or figure out how to put a converter in the system.

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 3.27.38 PM.jpg

the comptech exhausts I used in the past were compatible with the oem manifolds and cats?:confused:

From the pictures you posted, just remove the test pipes in between the headers and your exhaust muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there are no cats. Haha. I'd borrow a complete system and swap it for the test and go back to normal after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the cats replace the test pipes..

Ithink [MENTION=27958]solidol[/MENTION] has a spare set of cats for sale.

Back