• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner in northeast FL

After many years of hoping and dreaming of owning an NSX, I finally pulled the trigger! I am the proud owner of a 1995 Black/Black, 5-sp with 84K. I actually got it a couple of months ago; it just so happened that I took delivery the day before my birthday (happy b’day to me!). I kept putting off posting my new ownership because there is so much I wanted to say about my long off and on journey to ownership over the years, so I finally made myself post a brief(er) version.
As I posted here, I first considered a red 1995 in the Chicago area. After a Prime member checked it out, he convinced me to wait to find a black one which I really wanted (BIG thanks to Brylek!). I considered pulling the trigger on it because I was nervous that if I waited much longer, the appreciation might squeeze me out of the market. He suggested I post in the WTB section of Prime. I have seen that section but wondered how effective it really is. So I posted a WTB (stock 1995-96 5-sp targa, pref black/black) thinking it would at least give me more time to save, and THREE days later, a Prime member from Arizona replied!
I had the car checked out by Science of Speed, negotiated with the seller, and had it shipped sight unseen. The seller was very cool, laid back, and great to work with throughout the process (and even above and beyond after I received it).
I will post more soon (including pics).

Pics from the seller:
IMG_2045a.jpg
IMG_2031a.jpg
IMG_2024a.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Congrats to you ZX4NSX - some kind of exemplary patience following your joining the Primer forum 3-2006.

Many NSX miles and smiles for you :biggrin:

Congrats, nice car. What does the lil red button do?:biggrin:

Congrats!
I'm from Jax but live in North Carolina now. The NSX guys in the area are very good people! Cars and Coffee in Jax is GREAT!

Congrats, nice car. What does the lil red button do?:biggrin:

Thanks! I asked the seller the same thing! It's an indicator light from a Clifford alarm. The seller told me he's not even sure if it is still installed; he said he just used the stock alarm.

Last edited:
Congrats!
I'm from Jax but live in North Carolina now. The NSX guys in the area are very good people! Cars and Coffee in Jax is GREAT!

Thanks! It’s funny you should mention Jax Cars and Coffee! I just attended my first ever CC on Saturday, 5/13 (see link below 6:19). I really enjoyed it even though the weather wasn’t ideal. To my surprise, my X was the only one there, and it got some attention. I was parked next to an awesome $75K 2014 red Viper GTS (3:58). The owner and his wife (CC regulars from GA) were very nice; we chatted quite a bit. He even said that my X was receiving more attention than his Viper! LOL Even the owner of the show-stopping Ford GT (4:38) paid the X a compliment.

Jax Cars and Coffee May 13, 2017

Last edited:
Congrats to you ZX4NSX - some kind of exemplary patience following your joining the Primer forum 3-2006.

Many NSX miles and smiles for you :biggrin:

Thanks! It's been a long time coming with many ups and downs, and I almost gave up on it (for a while I was seriously considering a C7), but the X was always on my mind.

Congrats on the car, I talked to the previous owner on this vehicle back in February about buying it and he was a great guy to deal with. Glad to see it passed on to another great home!

Why did you decide not to purchase?

Back