• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner 1991 Berlina Black JH4NA1154MT002856

HTX

Hey guys, I recently purchased the car discussed in this thread (VIN JH4NA1154MT002856):

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...MT002856-checking-in-check-out-my-salvage-nsx

Unfortunately, the pic links in the thread are broken :frown:. Tried contacting d1 guy to see if he had pics of the damage, but didn't hear back. Anyone know if he is still active on the board? Would be great to be able to document some of the history of this car!

Am quite happy with the car, runs like a champ! Has ~36k miles by now. The title had been 'washed' as described in the thread (it had a clean TX title when I was buying it) but state of TX is now making me file for a salvage title due to the incident in Maryland. Oh well, I guess that's life.

Finally got a chance to wash it last weekend, here are a few pics:

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

welcome to the ownership experience

I test drove this car earlier this year and reached out to D1guy as well to get more info, specifically on the transmission since it is in snap ring range. Didn't get any pictures unfortunately of the prior damage.

It drove great though, I noted some things here and there that I can point out to you in person. Hope to see you at one of our local Houston meets!

I test drove this car earlier this year and reached out to D1guy as well to get more info, specifically on the transmission since it is in snap ring range. Didn't get any pictures unfortunately of the prior damage.

It drove great though, I noted some things here and there that I can point out to you in person. Hope to see you at one of our local Houston meets!

Ultimately it was the running condition (and awesome sound) and low mileage that sold me on it. It's not a daily driver, so I'll take my chances with snap ring and keep my fingers crossed... Will definitely try to make it out to the Houston meets! This is the only NSX I've ever actually driven, so I had no baseline to compare it to. Would love to see how it stacks up against other examples.

Welcome! Black cars always look better in person.

The interior is bone stock. Feels weird to see that!

Agree! Looks better in person, too many weird reflections in the pics. Interior is bone stock except for stick on CF trim. Anybody have experience removing those without damaging underlying trim? Trying to keep it as stock as possible.

with older cars that see a lot of sun the finish on the oem pieces starts to bubble up and crinkle..if you search you see how some owners handle stripping off the old and applying new ...time and effort...the easiest and quicker solution is just using a press-on-nail approach...

with older cars that see a lot of sun the finish on the oem pieces starts to bubble up and crinkle..if you search you see how some owners handle stripping off the old and applying new ...time and effort...the easiest and quicker solution is just using a press-on-nail approach...

Thanks for the tip! Will search around. I wonder if that maybe part of the reason the CF trim was applied in the first place

Welcome!

I briefly looked over the first page of the thread from '06 and it doesn't sound bad. From what I interpreted, the interior got vandalized with paint and the exterior got vandalized with dings and scratches from domestic durturbance.

If nothing else happened to it between that time and present, I think it's pretty nice with a very oem exterior and interior.

Are you missing your front lip?

Back