• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Monaco Blue Pearl Paint on NSX's

Here's the scoop. I have an 02 Corvette that I'm redoing and I'm going to change the color to a Blue Pearl. A couple of people have told me that Monaco Blue is the absolute best blue pearl paint. I have only seen a picture of ONE NSX this color. Any of you guys have a car this color? If so.. does it change shades? Can someone try to explain how it looks or give me a detailed picture.
Sorry for the long post, just want to make sure I know what I'm getting. Maybe one day I'll have an NSX, right now I can't afford one!

You're doing an entire repaint on a one-year-old Corvette??? :eek:

shibney said:
Maybe one day I'll have an NSX, right now I can't afford one!

Why not trade your Corvette for a nice used NSX, instead of wasting your money painting an almost-new car?

It definitely changes shade (IMO). But it doesn't change by the angle you view it... it just changes depending on the lighting conditions... sometimes it looks purple.

I like the Monte Carlo Blue and Long Beach Blue Pearl colors better... but I'm biased. (I have a Monte Carlo Blue NSX).

... just my opinion...

the car was hit in the back and I'm repairing it myself, figure I may as well change the color, it's red now (N). Can I see some pics of those two? I want something really metallic, but I don't want it to look like another corvette blue. it needs to be custom.

POWERED by HONDA said:
I like the Monte Carlo Blue and Long Beach Blue Pearl colors better... but I'm biased. (I have a Monte Carlo Blue NSX).

I like the Monte Carlo Blue and Long Beach Blue colors better too... and I'm not biased. My NSX is red.

I'd trade my vette if I could, but the way the payments work out and everything else, I need a car at least 2000 or up( at least that's what the bank says), they won't loan very long on a ten year old car. Anyway- Thanks for helping me out guys, I appreciate it.

I'm not sure if it helps, but as you can see in this picture, Monaco Blue is very similar to the Electron Blue of last generation Civic Si.

Note: The colors in this picture are not exactly accurate (probably due the cheap camera). In person, both "blues" have a noticable hint of purple, especially noticable in the sun. What I wanted to show is the color is similar to the Civic Si (which are pretty common and you can find one to look at in your area).

There are also some pictures in the Picture Gallery forum, such as this one.

I have a Monaco Blue Pearl car. IMO, the pearl effect is minimal. I don't really see much of a change with different lighting. I could be spoiled though, my old car was Midnight Pearl and it was beautiful. Every panel caught the light differently.

I like all 3 blue colors of the NSX: Monte Carlo Blue, Monaco Blue and Long Beach Blue Pearl. All 3 render different colors in different lighting conditions. The LBBP paint color is very bright and spectacular over the other 2 colors IMO. But I am biased towards the LBBP. (I have a Long Beach Blue Pearl NSX).
Pictures do not do any of these colors justice, you must see them in person to make a decision.

I'm with ss_md on this one. (Except I like LBB and Monte Carlo equally...) :) You just have to see these colors in person... we got them all together at the NSX Prime Canyon Drive this past June... (ss_md's Long Beach Blue, my Monte Carlo Blue, and Tantheman's Monaco Blue.)

Neo, Single Samurai's old car was a Monaco Blue.

My favorite color has always been the Azure blue metallic:

http://online.ayrnet.com/Lotus/images/Dsc01669.jpg

Dsc01669.jpg

Last edited:
Back