• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Grey Market NSX Winker Lens

Saw this recent article of a NSX http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/05/king-of-the-90s-supercharged-nsx/ and noticed the clear lens. It credited the clear lens as made by 'Grey Market'.

IATSH_69A3663e_SH-1200x800.jpg

A quick google search yielded this result.

http://wheeltrend.wixsite.com/grymrktold2/_p/prd1/275749731/product/honda-nsx-gm-winker-lens-set
cad060_1fde821fb3baf37235f9f7deec0aeb6d.webp

I couldn't find much other review or info on it nor the vendor/shop. Emails to the vendor from the website did not recieve a reply. Can anyone chime in about this seller and quality of the product? It seems really expensive at 650 a set of lens.

Last edited:
I think the original was a mugen piece...did'nt our own Blodi make one of these?

The MUGEN front winker lens cover set had an MSRP of 35000 yen back in 1992 so if you want to think of it this way and take inflation into account, that's roughly $620 in today's money :). IIRC, grey market is based off an actual MUGEN set but improved on.

this was offered via facebook. the guy had an original mugen piece that he saw flaws to and wanted to make his own. I have a pair and they are AMAZING but they were hefty in price. I knew it was going to be a small market for them but also it was going to be so limited that id rather bite the bullet now before its not even made (learned to buy products for nsx now before it's gone). I've had blodi and they were really nice for what they were but the grey markets are 10/10 and id say blodi was 3-4/10 for quality and looks to the actual mugen piece

EDIT

he also got a lot of "complaints" about the price which is sad because he put a lot of R&D into the project. I told him i'm willing to pay for that because its an item thats just so gorgeous on the NSX. I believe he stopped making these for good and sold his 10 or 20 sets.

Last edited:
Feel free to PM [MENTION=15058]Ch@d[/MENTION], as this is his product. These aren't just another cheap plastic knock off. The lenses were designed with the angles and curvature of the front bumper in mind. They are made from a high quality acrylic, I believe, which means they wont flex or warp over time and wont break from daily driving rock chips.

Feel free to PM [MENTION=15058]Ch@d[/MENTION], as this is his product. These aren't just another cheap plastic knock off. The lenses were designed with the angles and curvature of the front bumper in mind. They are made from a high quality acrylic, I believe, which means they wont flex or warp over time and wont break from daily driving rock chips.

Thanks for the replies guys. Tried to PM him now, looks like he hasn't logged in since January and his PM is full. I actually just wanted to know about fitment/weather sealing of teh piece. I hear some other vendors' lens will get water/condensation built up in it and it's quite a pain. Was hoping this was not the case for these. Anyone know someone who has this piece that could confirm for me?

That's Tony's nsx in the article. His car is so freaking clean.

Slight bump. Anyone know his facebook contact? Can PM me.

I have a set of the original Mugen's and these look like exact copies, down to the beveled lens edges with gaskets and the little push-in pins. My lenses are pretty beat up and I've been looking for replacements...this might the place.

BTW I turned down $450 for mine in their current state...so $650 for new isn't crazy, and they look terrific.

Thanks for the replies guys. Tried to PM him now, looks like he hasn't logged in since January and his PM is full. I actually just wanted to know about fitment/weather sealing of teh piece. I hear some other vendors' lens will get water/condensation built up in it and it's quite a pain. Was hoping this was not the case for these. Anyone know someone who has this piece that could confirm for me?

I have the Mugen version these were based off of, I still need to get them cleaned up before I install them. They are only held in place by plastic rivets (mounts screw into bumper, plastic push-in expanding type rivets hold lens to mount), so popping them off to clean them up every now and then would be very easy.

<script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script><script></script><script></script>

Last edited:
They aren't "thin plastic", they are moulded lexan that contour to the shape of the NSX. The blodi pieces are OK, but are made from flat stock, and the difference in fit and is what costs the extra jingle. I can get a CZ for a fraction of the cost of a diamond... :) Similar for sure, but different. Mine originally cost $350...

Mugen:
nose.jpg

Blodi:
smoked-signal-covers.jpg

It's a bit expensive but I'm still interested, but seems like even these are discontinued.

Hey all I was just wondering for those of you that has these grey market Winker Lens covers how often do you have to clean them?

I assume water can get in pretty easily because I dont see any gaskets to seal correct?

I found a pair for sale and I am contemplating if I want to pull the trigger on them.

Hey all I was just wondering for those of you that has these grey market Winker Lens covers how often do you have to clean them?

I assume water can get in pretty easily because I dont see any gaskets to seal correct?

I found a pair for sale and I am contemplating if I want to pull the trigger on them.

I have searched everywhere for set of Grey market or Mugen with no luck. If anyone have a set for sale please LMK.

I don't get it??? The performance gains must be off the hook at $650 a pair:eek:

To each their own, but I wouldn't put those on for free....they look hokey to me....what do they actually do?

I forget who but someone on instagram was promoting the cool LED turn signal/DRL so I asked how much???

$1000 :confused:

No thanks ....I'm good:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back