• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Midnight Purple NSX in CA

Just wondered if anyone had seen this. I don't see it posted for sale here on Prime. Owner wants a pretty penny for one with over 100k miles and is pretty worn, but what else is new. Plus when was the last time you saw a purple one for sale.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...searchRadius=0&makeCode1=ACURA&modelCode1=NSX

car.jpg

My first thought when viewing the next pic was WTF is this....

radio.jpg

Is $45k fair for this you think?

I think the price is great for this car honestly. Midnight pearl is certainly a rare color regardless if they are in good shape or not (bottom line is it shall be in original paint).
If the car has never been in accident, with all service records, $45000 is a steal seeing an early model typically asking $38k to $50k depends on mileage. 100k miles is nothing for NSX. 95/96 typically has lower demand because most first time owner will try to get earlier model because they swear the couple is lighter and more solid or later model (97+) because 6 speed and 3.2 liter. In reality, NSX is NSX, they all don't make a huge difference and that half sec faster on paper is nothing because you won't track a stock NSX anyway or take it to competition. T top is good for feels and bad or a little rattle noise, heavier body, and wind noise. The modification on the amp is not a huge deal but I will double check if any aftermarket drilling has been done on the body. If it has, I may pass because 90% buyer will look for OEM stock when you decided to sell it unless the mods are reversible. Timing belt change 12000 miles before is acceptable if it was done within several years, if not, plan on doing it again for safe.

Just go through the pre-purchase checklist in WIKI section, do a PPI with a reputable shop, with clean car, no accident, and full service record, I will buy it with this price no problem.
Of course it all comes down to if you think it worth or not.
Ask yourself is it the color you want?
Does the car drives fine and smooth?
Any leaking drops under the car, smoke and smell?
etc etc...

Hah that went fast; like flies on shit lol. I wasn't interested in buying that particular car anyway. Hope the new owner enjoys it, improves it, and drives it.

Curious, do you recall the asking price of the one with 115k miles?

Indeed I do; the listed price was $38k.

was that one sold in Texas? if so, my buddy bought that one! super clean

Yes that's the one! I recall the paint looking rough in the pictures, could have just needed a little TLC. Glad it turned out well!

Yes that's the one! I recall the paint looking rough in the pictures, could have just needed a little TLC. Glad it turned out well!

I was just reading your data analysis thread thinking my midnight pearl may have been one of your data points. Good work btw! :) I touched up a couple of bumps, but the photos were much poorer compared to the actual car. Gave it a good compound and polish, and it really shines now!

yeap, he cleaned it up and it's a sharp looking midnight example now!

I hope I'm the only Midnight Pearl owner in Texas you know :p

I was just reading your data analysis thread thinking my midnight pearl may have been one of your data points. Good work btw! :) I touched up a couple of bumps, but the photos were much poorer compared to the actual car. Gave it a good compound and polish, and it really shines now!

I hope I'm the only Midnight Pearl owner in Texas you know :p
and theres the man himself! lol wassup mang

and theres the man himself! lol wassup mang

Haha I saw midnight on the title, and I had to jump in here! Sounds like I was pretty lucky to pick mine up, since I watched it on Craigslist locally for about two months before I had the courage to call up the seller.

Thank you, good work yourself in making your Midnight shine! What a beautiful color. You should take pride in the fact that you have the second rarest color in my NSX database. Right now Midnight and Monte Carlo Blue are in a dead heat, both with a grand total of 6 listings each. Only Monaco Blue has you beat, with a scant 4 total listings.

I bought the car and I'm glad I did..Ramon, Niguel Motors checked it out and said $44,000 was a good price..I had him replace anything remotely questionable , clutch master cyl, couple glass shocks, all fluids c/v boots and decided with Ramon's input on a few upgrades, Bilstein's, SOS Front Chassi Bar kit, mono 350mm steering wheel and NRG quick release and ''purple'' lock, Ramon referred me to Erick for the mono & NRG install and it took him all of 30 minutes to install it..I decided on removing the engine cover and clam shell and bought the black silicone coolant tank cover, got it from The NSX Shop..I store the top in the trunk....I think I'm pretty much done with the upgrades but I sure love that..SOS Throttle Body System..although it's more complex for the 1995..Perhaps I'm getting carried away.. It's my first nsx..I won't be selling it, my daughter informed me she wants it when I kick the bucket..
The response has been pretty amazing, last night I took it to Los Angeles, 75 miles away, and had 2 guys taking pictures and 3 or 4 guys wanting to talk at stop lights, they were looking at the car like it was the first woman they'd seen in years, that glazed over look..at least I think they were looking at the car..Personally I can't get over the color, I'd never seen a midnight Pearl nsx before -I decided on the car after talking to the owner who was selling because he was older and not driving it much, he had the car 12 years and had only put 12,000 on it and was very picky about the car so I decided to go for it inspite of not knowing how the purple would look.. .I've had it 3 months and have put 3,000 miles on it..

Back