• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

High Mileage hose replacement

My NSX has 130k on it now. I'm not sure that the hoses have ever been replaced. Do I need to do this now? I'd rather be proactive with this and not be stranded on the side of the road.
If I should replace now, which ones should I do?
Thanks

My NSX has 130k on it now. I'm not sure that the hoses have ever been replaced. Do I need to do this now? I'd rather be proactive with this and not be stranded on the side of the road.
If I should replace now, which ones should I do?
Thanks

I just did all of mine last weekend. I have a 91 that just rolled over to 103K. After having had leaks develop with two of them, I decided to replace them all. The job took me two evenings (6-8 hours), and I used the SOS kit:
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...omplete-coolant-hose-kit-left-hand-drive.html

I would say this is about a 6/10 on the difficulty scale, and I would recommend having a wide assortment of pliers (including long-handled) to do this job. You will also need to remove your oil filter/cooler to replace two of the hoses, so plan on doing an oil change while you're in there. The SOS kit comes with the replacement oil cooler gasket.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM, this project is still very fresh in my head.

Back