• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for more power from my Lovefab Turbo

Looking to get more power from my Lovefab Turbo. Current turbo is a PT61 with a .58ar. Makes 557rwhp/480rwtq at 21psi. I am looking at the 2nd gen PT6266 CEA ball bearing turbo with .58ar to replace it with. My goals are 600-650rwhp at 18-20psi without loosing spool or creating excessive back pressure.I wouldn't mind making less in the torque department. Here is a dyno of my PT61 and how power starts to drop off over 6250rpm. What do you guys think.

Attachments

• IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 634
  • IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 580
Wayne are you on e85? If not that's your answer..

I am on E55 now but that dyno is on E85. My turbo is not able to push enough air to make any more power. Check out how the power curve drops after 6250rpm.

Yes, it is a sickness lol. Here is my other go fast crack pipe that is causing the problem of making my NSX feel slow.[/ATTACH]IMAG0501.jpg
I think you're nuts.:wink:
TA.jpg

Last edited:
Try the next size up exhaust housing.......you'll be smiling

Look at the design of the LoveFab air/water intercooler.

My engine builder saw (among other things) how Cody executed one on a LF600 build and said he left 3% efficiency (for free!) on the table just by building a poor design.

The laws of thermodynamics yield for nobody!

(NOT a bash post, just passing along some information that can yield gains with NO additional engine loads = pure thermal efficiency benefits ;-)

LoveFab = excellent fabrication.....but would have greatly benefitted from professional engineering scrutiny of the proposed products beforehand.

Last edited:
NA1MT and sca037, what turbocharger are you guys running and how much boost pressure? What kind of engine build are you running (pistons,rods,sleeved block,etc.)? Thanks for the input fellas. Curious to know what clutch you are using too?

Garrett GT45R (yeah, it's no big- it's HUGE ;-) at 17psi.
220px-Fat_bastard.jpeg
Sleeved 3.0L block with a .20 overbore, 9.1 pistons, Oliver rods, 3.2 crank, 100% custom clutch utilizing twin (modified) 3.2 friction discs.

Just got back on NSX prime and saw this posting. I am not surprised you are looking for more power......I am too.
I am at 630 to the wheels and I run only 14.7 psi. We did not bring the NSX this year so the file on it is with the car 2000 miles away. Anytime I need more power I go and talk to the guys at AGP turbo. They build them there and are very helpful(I run an AGP turbo but dont know the specs). PM me and I will give you the info to contact the owners. Tony at UMS is the one that put in contact with them....If they are good enough for Tony.....They are good enough for me. Good luck and I hope to get together this winter for some fun with the NSX guys.

Brian

sca037 What made you go with the monster turbo? I'm considering a PT6266 or a PT6466. I would like to see 625rwhp. Considering rebuilding my PT6152 with larger hot side and billet wheel.

Brian I will send a message to get the AGP info.

sca037 What made you go with the monster turbo? I'm considering a PT6266 or a PT6466. I would like to see 625rwhp. Considering rebuilding my PT6152 with larger hot side and billet wheel.

Brian I will send a message to get the AGP info.

This was Cody's former 'shop' car that dyno'ed at 920whp with this setup......turned down to 619whp.
We don't mind the massive lag, it just makes it more crazy fun to drive ;-P
maxresdefault.jpg

NA1MT and sca037, what turbocharger are you guys running and how much boost pressure? What kind of engine build are you running (pistons,rods,sleeved block,etc.)? Thanks for the input fellas. Curious to know what clutch you are using too?

Bullseye 66 triple compressor with batmo wheel
3.425L Stroker build

v8killer, I an sell you my precision turbo that I was using prior to the Bullseye.

v8killer, I an sell you my precision turbo that I was using prior to the Bullseye.

Which Precision turbo do you have? What kind of power did you make with it and at what boost pressure?

Which Precision turbo do you have? What kind of power did you make with it and at what boost pressure?

Full billet 67/66 @17psi it made 775hp

It has less than 100 miles on a complete refresh from Precision as well

Last edited:
Full billet 67/66 @17psi it made 775hp

It has less than 100 miles on a complete refresh from Precision as well

Is this a journal bearing or BB turbo? Is it a a Tangential T4 and what A/R? How much are you asking? Was that 775hp or 775rwhp?

Last edited:
If that is indeed a Precision PT61 , it is rated at 680 hp. But keep in mind, there are still lots of variations on that turbo that can change that rating significantly.. E85 usually allows you to make the turbos rated power at the wheels. Very general statement... and your extreme peak instead of a gentle falloff curve (typical of a turbo running out of breathe) tells me it MAY be other things limiting your power and not your turbo. wastegate... wastegate placement. wastegate spring(s) Boost controller layout or solenoid. Etc. etc. etc. you might have already checked these, just throwing in my .02.

Try the next size up exhaust housing.......you'll be smiling

There is a decent chance between a larger exhaust housing, plus sticking to e85(instead of 55), you could hit your numbers.

That being said, turbo's just keep getting more efficient, don't overthink it. Your plan of the newest 62xx.. from PTE or an equivalent will also get you your numbers with the right wheels and housings.

Regarding sca037's huge turbo, I have a similar sized turbo(S480 BW) which was chosen for the same reasons his was originally chosen (for my old shop/shock factor.. pushing the limits etc). Since then I've moved on professionally so don't need/want the insano numbers(900whp+) anymore and have considered a smaller turbo.

I've now decided to leave it in place, as I think it's possibly a solution to killing transmissions on our NSX's. The torque doesn't hit as hard, and my theory is it's easier on the transmission. Time will tell, but it's taken low 500's(whp) for a while, and I plan to turn it up a couple hundred in the spring, we'll see if my theory holds up.

Built everything, and RPS twin carbon clutch.

Is this a journal bearing or BB turbo? Is it a a Tangential T4 and what A/R? How much are you asking? Was that 775hp or 775rwhp?

It is a BB Turbo......I can find out the other info for you. The 775 was rwhp. You can have it for $1300

There's currently a slightly used latest-gen SOS/RPS carbon clutch for sale in the classifieds if anyone's interested :wink:

Lowest price ever advertised on Prime!

Back