• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 NSX in Regina Acura show room

The sales on the 2017 NSX must be going a little slow when one ends up sitting in the show room in Regina. It seems like the car was in inventory, not some kind of on tour show car. The salesman said that they were some on-going negotiations with a local for the purchase.

It was interesting to see one in the skin; but, I'm not feeling an over whelming desire to switch my 2000 for a 2017.

Actually that car was delivered there last October and had 2 interested buyers according to the salesman, one from Regina and one from Vancouver. It was still in the showroom when I had my car in for some work in the beginning of April. The last time that I drove by was a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see it in the showroom, so I figured that it may have sold?

Funny part was, I had to wait for the service writer to book an appointment and had my 91 outside and all the salesmen from Honda were outside getting their pictures taken by my car and I was inside taking a picture of them and I was standing beside the new NSX.

91 NSX Red/Black

I still have not seen one of the new NSXs on the road in Vancouver, and I see every other high end sports car every day!

To me, big sales flop.

But that wa same when I bought my 02 from the dealer when I lived in Toronto - first owner- in 2004. My car sat and sat and sat for 2+ years and I walked in with cash in December right before the snow was about to fly and it was going to sit for another 6mos and offered them $35k less than they were asking.

Not all the great cars are also big sellers.

Last edited:
Actually that car was delivered there last October and had 2 interested buyers according to the salesman, one from Regina and one from Vancouver. It was still in the showroom when I had my car in for some work in the beginning of April. The last time that I drove by was a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see it in the showroom, so I figured that it may have sold? Funny part was, I had to wait for the service writer to book an appointment and had my 91 outside and all the salesmen from Honda were outside getting their pictures taken by my car and I was inside taking a picture of them and I was standing beside the new NSX. 91 NSX Red/Black

Interesting. I had been in the Honda / Acura parts department 2 - 3 times from late March into April picking up miscellaneous stuff as I pick away at some routine maintenance on my Pilot. It was only last Friday when I went into order the Honda, priced like gold, urea grease for my window regulator maintenance / Hugo kit install that the parts guy, who knows me by name asked whether I had seen the red 2017 in the Acura show room. Since he hadn't mentioned it before, I presumed that it was a recent arrival.

So, there is a picture of you taking a picture of someone taking a picture of you taking a picture of .....

Last edited:
I still have not seen one of the new NSXs on the road in Vancouver, and I see every other high end sports car every day! To me, big sales flop. But that wa same when I bought my 02 from the dealer when I lived in Toronto - first owner- in 2004. My car sat and sat and sat for 2+ years and I walked in with cash in December right before the snow was about to fly and it was going to sit for another 6mos and offered them $35k less than they were asking. Not all the great cars are also big sellers.

It struck me that for whatever reason, Honda took way too long from the time that new versions of the NSX were 'officially' rumoured until product delivery started. I think they squandered a lot of the hype that generates sales by dragging out the development process. If they had development concerns with the powertrain, they should have dressed the prototypes up as Accords or Odyssey minivans for testing rather than generate the hype too soon, or perhaps go with a slightly more orthodox powertrain that they could have brought to market quicker. I think that they were a bit like a political candidate that gets into the race too early, generates some initial buzz and then gradually fizzes.

No, there was wasn't anyone taking a picture of me taking a picture, just me taking a picture of the salesmen. I haven't got a clue how to add the picture using my phone as I am working out of town.

Has the NSX been sold, as the last time I drove by, which was 2 weeks ago, it was no longer in the front window of the show room?

91 NSX Red/Black

I misread the part where you said they were getting their picture taken by your car - must be the rarity of a clean fist year red / black model (it was 1991 and a 1991 red/black that was regularly parked outside Formerly's at the Hotel Sask that was the start of this particular infatuation).

I was in the showroom on Friday and the 2017 was very much still there with the salesman saying they were negotiating with a potential customer.

Last edited:
Back