• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 nsx

i have heard that the 2017 nsx has a start stop on it when the car stops. those of you who have the car do you like it i don't think that i would.is there any way to disable it?

Last edited:
It is pretty much seamless

If you go to Sport+ or Track mode, I believe the engine off feature is disabled

Also, I do not believe the ICE shuts off at all stops, depends on the hybrid charge status

It's funny. Most cars now have auto start and I usually immediately turn that feature off because I find it annoying. But, on the NSX, it never even occurred to me to try to turn it off-- it's so seamless.

It's funny. Most cars now have auto start and I usually immediately turn that feature off because I find it annoying. But, on the NSX, it never even occurred to me to try to turn it off-- it's so seamless.

same here, I do not like the auto start stop.

NSX is interesting as in slow stop and go traffic I just keep it in quiet mode and mostly moving with electric only.

i hate it in the mdx/tlx, but as mentioned above, its seamless in the NSX as the electric motors are always ready to move.

the mdx/tlx has to restart the engine to get moving.

i hate it in the mdx/tlx, but as mentioned above, its seamless in the NSX as the electric motors are always ready to move.

the mdx/tlx has to restart the engine to get moving.

Auto stop is a feature I hear customers ask if it can be permanently disabled at least once or twice a week. Absolutely hate it.

Now in the MDX/RLX Sport Hybrid? Much better and no reason to complain about it.

Never noticed it was even doing the auto start because as you mentioned it's quite seamless. Not sure if you can disable it but highly doubt it.

On our new F8x M3, there is also a auto start feature however right above the start button you can press to disable it. On the M3 it's even more annoying because the gas motor goes quiet and re-starts upon moving.

Engine never turns off in Sport + or Track...as B&B pointed out.

I'm no tree-hugger, but I find myself dialing down from Sport+ to Sport at stop lights and stop-and-go traffic. When I can see that the battery is full and yet the ICE is running, it just feels "inefficient" and wrong (and, once you get used to the NSX, it feels "unrefined" to be idling at a stop). Ditto if I am cruising along casually on hilly roads with elevation changes and I notice that the battery is full and I'm not getting any regen from braking in the downhill sections. My brain says "that's suboptimal-- why convert that potential energy into heat and brake dust when I'm hauling around this battery and EV hardware"

Back