• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there a preferred brake caliper refinisher/power-coater you use?

I am thinking of sending in a set of spare calipers to get refinished and then I need to see about rebuilding them (seals, etc.)

Any recommendations.

I've had Goldline remanufacture several sets of Porsche calipers over the years, and they did my NSX calipers a couple of years ago. They do a thorough rebuild, and they have an awesome proprietary coating that is super durable. I did many track days with my 911, including a couple of brake overheating episodes, and the coating never changed. Really great vendor and the price is fair, a bargain even.

http://www.goldlinebrakes.com

Attachments

• DSCN6120.jpg
    DSCN6120.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 247
I've had Goldline remanufacture several sets of Porsche calipers over the years, and they did my NSX calipers a couple of years ago. They do a thorough rebuild, and they have an awesome proprietary coating that is super durable. I did many track days with my 911, including a couple of brake overheating episodes, and the coating never changed. Really great vendor and the price is fair, a bargain even.

http://www.goldlinebrakes.com

Perfect! I recall someone (maybe you) having posted on this very topic and referencing a Porsche caliper rebuilder, maybe somewhere out in Utah or someplace nearby. This looks like it. (When I searched the forum, I could not find anything on it.)

Thanks.

Here's the 911 calipers they did for me (my lettering). The finish stayed that nice even after several years of road trips, track days, etc. But the real benefit is their top notch rebuilding. On the NSX, I provided some extra new hardware that they would normally clean up, like caliper pins, pad shims and springs, etc.

Attachments

• calipers.JPG
    calipers.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 210
I think I paid about $450? To have all 4 calipers completely rebuilt with their proprietery coating (see anove)

I'd need to dig thru the files, but I think it may have been more like $600? And it was a couple of years ago.
they also had more time in the parking brake mechanism but they honored their quote. I also supplied some
hardware (see above). No pistons needed. Given the amount of work and the durability of their finish, the quote
seems fair to me.

Science of Speed offers a caliper color change for the Gen2. I'm sure they can do it for the Gen1.

OK, sounds right. Goldline charged me $625 in April '14, to rebuild and coat all 4. They didn't charge me for the extra time with the parking brake mechanism. New price probably reflects that extra time and a price increase since '14.

The $450 was for the Porsche calipers above. In any case, they do a first-class job in every respect, and it's a simple R&R for the owner.

Wow, that's getting up there! Paint sounds best for you.

Back