• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A mostly positive Dog DeMuro review

I prefer the other red. Other than that I thought it was well done and well enjoyed. Waiting for my local dealer to offer me the same experience but my phone has not rang?

That guy is on crack wow never heard a reviewer talk so much shit. When has the new NSX done 2.9sec and must agree that red is terrible.

The new NSX is a great car we just don't need people like this dude going over the top with a review that makes you want to through up before he finishes.

I like that red. So...

th

Lots of helpful info in there. Good to know that the Ferrari 488's door lock button is by the dome light--now I don't feel so bad that I don't own one.

i like him, and his reviews. he's gives the everyman's practical review, for every day street drivers.

he isn't testing on the track, and he's certainly not a track driver. he gives a great review of all the basics, and besides a slight exaggeration of the acceleration performance, he's pretty spot on. but at the same time he does acknowledge that its driving dynamics and sales figures fall short of the other higher performing and higher priced Supercars, and even explains why he thinks that is. even throws in a little back story to boot.

he sticks to the facts and points out the pros and cons of each vehicle in an unbiased way, can't ask for more than that. overall an excellent review...

p.s. that red does not look great, at least not on film. and the door key hole is a bit odd.

... and the door key hole is a bit odd.

I agree. I was an early critic of the stupid key hole. Coincidentally, I was at a local meet-up last night and one of the guys was in his 488. I never noticed it before, but it has THE SAME EXACT KEY HOLE!!! And no one complains. Too funny. I didn't take a pic of it, but here's a stock photo for reference:

Ferrari_488_GTB_8.jpg

what a goof. he showed the passenger side door of the mdx/tlx. of course there is no keyhole. there is on the driver side.

Last edited:
realistically, what else can you do with the keyhole? you cant hide it like the trunk keyhole.

I'd put the locking mechanism in the frame, with emergency unlock via cable pull only accessible from the trunk (which is accessible via physical key in case of power failure). That's what they do on the Corvette.

2015-Corvette-Z06-Convertible-Wallpaper-Full-HD.jpg

If the battery shit the bed and you need to pop the hood to bring the car back to life, having a keyhole in a familiar place is not such a bad thing

The Curva red is my favorite color other than black. :biggrin:

The Lamborghini Huracans have a small pop-off tab that hides the physical key hole underneath.
Why can't the NSX (which has a similar style door handle) do the same?

Attachments

• kenzie-wheels-lamborghini-lp-580-2-pop-out-door-handlejpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.868x650.jpg
    kenzie-wheels-lamborghini-lp-580-2-pop-out-door-handlejpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.868x650.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 475
I agree. I was an early critic of the stupid key hole. Coincidentally, I was at a local meet-up last night and one of the guys was in his 488. I never noticed it before, but it has THE SAME EXACT KEY HOLE!!! And no one complains. Too funny. I didn't take a pic of it, but here's a stock photo for reference:

View attachment 144573

with that car, no one is gonna give a fark about anything... :biggrin:

I thought that was a good review and I happen to like Doug's sense of humor. Then again, I like the car, so....

Doug is capable of a negative review. He scorched the Maserati Ghibli not long ago, and for good reason....that car is a piece of FCA dung that should not wear the Maserati name.

When my battery died, I called the Roadside folks

I have not gotten further than the door key hole

Master, off topic, do know know what the fix is for the vibration in the doors near the external mirrors.

My dealer called the tech line and they did not know about the issue.

I believe at least 1 owner here has had it fixed by popping off the inner door panel and wrapping some foam sheet insulation around the knuckle of some parts that can come into contact.

When my battery died, I called the Roadside folks

I have not gotten further than the door key hole

Master, off topic, do know know what the fix is for the vibration in the doors near the external mirrors.

My dealer called the tech line and they did not know about the issue.

I believe at least 1 owner here has had it fixed by popping off the inner door panel and wrapping some foam sheet insulation around the knuckle of some parts that can come into contact.

The key hole for the trunk is at a rather awkward angle and kinda hard to find. Couldn't even imagine trying to deal with that if it was dark and raining.

You guys need to get me into that private Gen2 owner's sub forum. The real reason I am on this board is to track problems like this vibration thing. So is there a noise (like a ticking, rattling, etc) associated with this, or is an actual put your fingers on it and you feel​ a vibration?

Maybe you can ask the person who runs the site? I am just some shlub poster.

I would support you being in the owner's area.

I would just call it a vibration, typically at highway speed when you go over a decent bump. doesn't happen all the time.

Mine appears to be just on the passenger side.

I wouldn't be able to reach far enough over to feel anything on the door panel.

I thought it was the mirror but I believe I heard from Lee that it was inside the door.

I believe the tech bulletin that instructs to tape the inner door handle to avoid getting it all scratched up when pulling off the door panel was associated with this issue.

Maybe you can ask the person who runs the site? I am just some shlub poster.

I would support you being in the owner's area.

I would just call it a vibration, typically at highway speed when you go over a decent bump. doesn't happen all the time.

Mine appears to be just on the passenger side.

I wouldn't be able to reach far enough over to feel anything on the door panel.

I thought it was the mirror but I believe I heard from Lee that it was inside the door.

I believe the tech bulletin that instructs to tape the inner door handle to avoid getting it all scratched up when pulling off the door panel was associated with this issue.

I already asked an admin. Nope. I could've easily "faked" it by taking pictures with any one of the NC1s that came through my store, but I said why I am really here instead. So nope.

There are door noises that I am aware of. I'll PM you.

Back