• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to get the NSX-R Momo Horn Button to work?

I know there have been many threads on this and most threads say to fabricate your own contact to get the horn to work. My question is, since the NSX-R and NSX-S come from the factory with this setup, there has to be an OEM part we can buy without fabrication and DIY parts right?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the oem steering boss that speedypartsjapan sells has everything you need for the horn hook up.

It doesn't. I would love to know the answer as well as I have all the factory parts (horn button, wheel, boss) but had to be creative on the horn connection

Is it because you need a ground? When I hooked up my old S.S.I. Hub adapter I needed to connect the ground wire. I used a fish eye electrical connector and bolted it down with 1 of the six boss screws. Seems odd the oem boss kit still needs modifications???

My question still stands, what do the OEM NSXs with non SRS steering wheels use for the horn to contact the metal plate. I'd rather use a Honda part than fabricate something.

It doesn't. I would love to know the answer as well as I have all the factory parts (horn button, wheel, boss) but had to be creative on the horn connection

What did you use? You're probably 2nd to none when it comes to quality modifications.

I know there have been many threads on this and most threads say to fabricate your own contact to get the horn to work. My question is, since the NSX-R and NSX-S come from the factory with this setup, there has to be an OEM part we can buy without fabrication and DIY parts right?

Thanks

Hi skafia!

I asked the same question to [MENTION=25737]Kaz-kzukNA1[/MENTION] here:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6367-2002-Type-R-Steering-wheel-with-OEM-boss&p=122600#post122600

The information you need is there!

the answer from Kaz was:
"For NSX-R, Honda didn't provide the horn contact plate as a standalone parts and instead, it was included as part of another steering column/satellite sw/cover parts."

FYI i used Honda part # 35259-SH3-A02 (the part is not from NSX but works perfect)!

here you can see the part installed:
IMG_3756_zps941mqzyy.jpg

Regards

Bruno

Last edited:
The part on the right is what comes with the wiring kit from The NSX Shop. The spring provides the contact.

Hi skafia!

I asked the same question to [MENTION=25737]Kaz-kzukNA1[/MENTION] here:

The information you need is there!

the answer from Kaz was:

FYI i used Honda part # 35259-SH3-A02 (the part is not from NSX but works perfect)!

here you can see the part installed: [image removed]

Regards

Bruno

Bruno, thank you for supplying this information, I'm loving the new setup!

35527437122_d068e2d152_b.jpg

Is the part 35259-SH3-A02 the same one I would need to get this momo horn button to work? Right now I think the contacts just don't touch my boss's contacts.

y4mIKFl1--me6hDjL1r_0XImEANOIF5-Q38AupVuFlEopZ9RqUZclVZkTGrqIqjQ26WQlEPu_7VUES7TBlEODcVYN-szkDFQuXBZB6B1RI61qIZb7GA3jW6W38PqYy_d8OX8S4P3DuTpFFcXqwUkZFhPufbe6kzlZA3Qei2R9_IYgvyhJYP4GHlzkotuoN2JuN613sWVkQJ8kW68NzfeH-8XA

Yes, it is vastly different. I think I still have the Mita version of the horn shoe stashed away, I'll send you a picture tonight.

Which do you prefer? Which are you running? What kind of lubricant/grease (if any) are you using?

I prefer the Honda Horn Shoe which is what I am currently running. I am using the grease supplied with the MITA kit. I kind of made my own custom solution for the whole steering wheel wiring using parts of the MITA kit and other solutions I have seen.

I prefer the Honda Horn Shoe which is what I am currently running. I am using the grease supplied with the MITA kit. I kind of made my own custom solution for the whole steering wheel wiring using parts of the MITA kit and other solutions I have seen.

Cool, could you provide more details?

Back