• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinion on Hood bumper gap

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have recently been throwing the idea around about purchasing a Gen 1 NSX. There is 1991 located relatively close to me that is a one owner with updated service records. The car is not with in snap ring range and it has less than 60k on the odometer. Seller states that the front bumper was resprayed due to rock chips and the rear bumper was resprayed due to a scuff. According to the paint inspection the rest of the paint appears original. Looking a the bumper and hood gap it appears off to me can any one give any input what their opinion. The radiator support and everything under hood seems original to me from the photos. Thanks for any input given.

Here is the web link with photos
http://www.performanceautogallery.c...oupe-753221760c844f14ae4d1297e3ac4bbf/#Photos

Looks a lil off. Mine was the same. I have found that after taking panels off of the nsx, it takes tons of time lining things back up. I even went as far as using washers under the hardware points to line up the bumper to the hood which took 5 minutes. So, I wouldn't worry too much about gaps as long as the vin checks come out ok.

+1. As I recall, there are 4 (or 6) large bolts securing the front bumper cover you can loosen to adjust the nose-to-hood gap...it helps to have an assistant. As long as the adjacent panels are original, I wouldn't be overly concerned. The non-original front lip isn't a concern either. An original 91-96 front lip has become a rare beast. Good looking car.

I see everything in the ad but the sale price. Any idea what they're asking for it?

$54,900

Does this seem about average for the going market?

Last edited:
$54,900

Does this seem about average for the going market?

It's really hard to say. That's another thread entirely. The miles are very good...almost exceptional. However, if the dealer cannot provide any proof of maintenance (especially when the last TB/WP service was performed) and couple that with the resprayed bumper covers I'd use that as leverage to get them to knock a few bucks off. $50K seems more reasonable. The market really has gotten strong over the last few years and they're asking top dollar. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

In the sale photos he has posted the paint inspection and maintenance receipts which included the timing belt and water pump done last year. Thanks for everything, I'm going to try and see it in person soon. It's a difficult decision since I'm more familiar with the Supra I tend to feel more comfortable purchasing another.

Be prepared to buy one after you drive it. It just all makes sense after getting behind the wheel.

In the sale photos he has posted the paint inspection and maintenance receipts which included the timing belt and water pump done last year. Thanks for everything, I'm going to try and see it in person soon. It's a difficult decision since I'm more familiar with the Supra I tend to feel more comfortable purchasing another.

There's got to be a Primer near you who would take a look at the car with you. Maryland has a pretty active community. You should try the regional forums. Having said that, there isn't really anything crazy weird about NSXs to watch out for. If you're familiar with the wiki page, that will really help. The NSX really is a great car. Like Jinks says, once you get behind the wheel, you'll understand.

Bumper was put on and bolted up incorrectly. It is kinda heavy and you have to hold it up and bolt it in at the same time, or you will get this gap.

^ excellent when it comes time to purchase I will definitely set up the PPI with him!

Back