• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STOLEN Dallas TX 1996 NSX-T Midnight Pearl

This sucks! Sounds like the Bay Area regional transit system which has cameras in every car but they say most of them are dummy's. Yes, "most" of them are dummy's.......
I hope you had a good policy on the car. I also hope they realize your rare color and take that into consideration.:mad:

Good Luck!! Very sorry to hear. This is beginning to scared me parking it anyway after hearing 2! stolen NSX with in few months.

The car has been recovered by a tow company in Mesquite TX and will be picked up from a tow yard tomorrow for assessment... I am trusting a shop recommendation that I found here on Prime and am having it taken to SCW Performance in Carrollton TX for them to go through the car... Fingers crossed it was just a short joy ride and nothing is too messed up... I will keep you all posted... Thanks for all your kind words and support! NSX owner support really is about 1/3 of what makes owning these cars such an amazing experience!!

Lastly I wanted to touch on the power of Social Media... When I called SCW Performance to explain the situation and that I needed them to assess an NSX that was stolen and then recovered, the guy that answered the phone's exact words were "the purple one from Facebook" My post on Facebook was shared over 120 times in less than 24 hours of the car being taken... A large part of me wants to think that I have friends of friends of friends of the crooks that stole it and they saw the post, got scared, and dumped the car. I could be delusional but it makes me feel a little better. GPS tracker going on the car ASAP...

Thank God. So happy you're getting your baby back! Hope she's in good shape and just needs a little TLC. Fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

There were a couple comments on Facebook asking if the car could have possibly just been towed. Can you confirm with the tow yard?

Thank goodness you got your baby back. Let's hope any damages are not major. I'd be curious on how your car was hotwired.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Me too. I always see how these nsx's are stolen lately with nobody responding to how they were jacked. Hummm.....:rolleyes:

There were a couple comments on Facebook asking if the car could have possibly just been towed. Can you confirm with the tow yard?

interesting....how did the tow company end up with a stolen car?

Have seen some very strange things on this forum over the past 10+ years for sure.

Great news! Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the damage report. Am still curious about the video surveillance camera report.

Yeah it was not towed out of the parking garage by the building management... Stealth Video Monitoring still has not found the footage of the car leaving the garage... It was rumored to be "recovered on the side of the road in Mesquite, TX." I will let you all know how it was stolen as I get details... Still no report on the condition of the car... I am not sure if it has been picked up yet from the Tow Yard by SCW...

Just saw SCW's post on Facebook. Pretty brazen I would say, and a stupid choice in car to steal. Definitely repairable, but I have to wonder what they were thinking with the end game.

Need to get a hold of that footage. Pretty inept monitoring service I would say.

if it was a "joy" ride...it ends when the steed breaks a leg:frown:

Update...

Car was taken to SCW Performance in Dallas and I have an initial report... I have not seen the car in person or the video of it being stolen from the parking garage but I was told that at first glance it appears from the video surveillance that the car was not removed from the garage under it's own power. Basically they let it roll down the 4 stories using gravity is all I have been able to get out of Stealth Monitoring. They are only giving the video to the detective investigating the theft.

There is damage to the rear bumper and tail lights so it is assumed that they pushed it with another car at some point.. The alarm on the car was still functioning when it was picked up by SCW... The car was eventually hot-wired at some point... Jeremy the owner of SCW told me it was for sure stolen by someone with knowledge of NSX's and their wiring. Initial estimate is over $10,000 on damage... SCW was able to get the car started today even with the missing ignition and the motor is making noise of internal damage. Jeremy made the comment it sounds like the car was over revved for a long period of time. His initial assumption is that the insurance company will want to just source a salvage motor and swap it out. I am interested in feedback on this decision. Would it not be better to just pull the motor and try to identify the source of the noise? I did a quick search on salvage yards for motors and I can get a 3.2L for $7000... Science of speed will do a factory refresh on my 3.0 for just under $6,000. Will the car take a hit on value without the original factory motor? Would I be better off swapping it to a 3.2L? Looking for any and all guidance from anyone who has been down this road... USAA is not yet aware of the noise coming from the motor so this is all speculation at this point. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback from those who have been down this road.

If I was shopping for a used nsx I would choose the one that had a oem engine swap over a rebuilt blown motor.....jmo...

Hello,

Yes, we have the NSX in our facility. Hopefully we can round up the parts soon and start getting this car put back together. Not sure why anyone would steal this type of car in the first place, quite difficult to unload / part out.

The problem is, you will not know much about anything until the motor gets cracked open. SOS engine builds never really come out to the advertised price. Not their fault, but usually the cost is always much much higher. As for sourcing a decent 3.2 motor, I wish you luck on that one.

was this stolen out of uptown in Dallas? Really odd that they went through all that trouble for just a joy ride. I am pretty suspicious that the thieves follow this board or have friends on this board that have been following your threads/updates on Facebook and realized they couldn't dump the parts on the market.

Back