• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STOLEN Dallas TX 1996 NSX-T Midnight Pearl

My pride and joy was stolen out of a parking garage during the middle of the day in Dallas, TX this past Monday 06/05/2017

VIN JH4NA1186TT000387

Florida Support Law Enforcement Plate: PDR4D which I am certain is gone by now.

I graduated from TCU so I had to have a Midnight Pearl one which took me 5 years to find. I have had her for 9 years and have slowly upgraded and restored her to factory perfect condition. She was going to be a "Forever Car" and I am just sick thinking about having to replace her.

Picture is one that the previous owner had taken.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 8.09.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 8.09.50 AM.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 661
Dave...so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine anyone getting too far in a special car in a special color like that. I'd like to think it was probably just for a joy ride. Was this the first time you parked in that garage or did you regularly park there (i noticed you're from FL but the car was stolen in Dallas)? At any rate, I'm hopeful the car will resurface and that the damage done isn't too bad. Again...so sorry to hear this. Should the worst come to fruition, hopefully your insurance company will be fair in terms of the value. Please keep us posted.

Dave...so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine anyone getting too far in a special car in a special color like that. I'd like to think it was probably just for a joy ride. Was this the first time you parked in that garage or did you regularly park there (i noticed you're from FL but the car was stolen in Dallas)? At any rate, I'm hopeful the car will resurface and that the damage done isn't too bad. Again...so sorry to hear this. Should the worst come to fruition, hopefully your insurance company will be fair in terms of the value. Please keep us posted.

So my wife is a C-130 Pilot in the Air Force and has been on orders flying in Puerto Rico since October. She was previously based in Montgomery, AL where we have our household goods and vehicles. I have been traveling back and forth from Montgomery to San Juan and sometimes the airfare is several hundred less to fly out of Dallas than Atlanta. The car has been in and out of my best friends parking garage for a few weeks at a time for the past 7 months. I usually go to San Juan for 2-3 weeks at a time. Ironically the friend that watches the car for me is an assistant district attorney in Dallas County. Seems we are getting a little more help from the police if it was just me involved with the reported theft. The insurance company said that 75% of all vehicles get recovered. I am very hopeful that will be the case and I won't have to prove fair market value.

It did have an aftermarket alarm that was integrated into the factory alarm... There is a camera at the garage entrance that is going to take 7 -10 days for the monitoring company to get back with the footage. I am very interested if it was driven out of the garage or towed out... Also you have to have a clicker to get in and out of the gated garage... People follow other people in and out as the gate opens and closes at a slow rate but it does take some balls to steal a car without a clicker knowing you could be waiting a while to follow someone out.

Wow that is ballsy. I wonder if it was an inside job...

Doesn't the 1996 have immobilizer chip?

Hearing these stories makes me want to take my steering wheel with me whenever I park my car now.

9 years.... that's a lot of history. Keep us updated!

My condolences. I'm sorry, but 7 to 10 days to get the tape is a joke! Don't dismiss the possibility of it being an inside job. Trust no one!

Wow that is ballsy. I wonder if it was an inside job...

Doesn't the 1996 have immobilizer chip?

Hearing these stories makes me want to take my steering wheel with me whenever I park my car now.

9 years.... that's a lot of history. Keep us updated!

I am assuming the person lives in the building or knows someone in the building...

My condolences. I'm sorry, but 7 to 10 days to get the tape is a joke! Don't dismiss the possibility of it being an inside job. Trust no one!

It is a total joke! Stealth Monitoring is the 3rd party monitoring/recording company for the building cameras and the entire investigation is paused waiting on them to tell the Dallas Police the time of theft...

It is a total joke! Stealth Monitoring is the 3rd party monitoring/recording company for the building cameras and the entire investigation is paused waiting on them to tell the Dallas Police the time of theft...

Sounds like they're just buying time. Watch, coincidentally the footage of the period in question will be lost or get corrupted. Call me paranoid but I'm sure it's just frustrating.

Wow, that is very odd. With the value of the cars and its parts going up, I can see things like this happening more and more.

Sounds like they're just buying time. Watch, coincidentally the footage of the period in question will be lost or get corrupted. Call me paranoid but I'm sure it's just frustrating.

Oh I am totally with you... Most victims of crimes know or have seen the person that has committed the crime against them... Someone clearly knows the cameras are not monitored in-house... It is more than likely a resident that faked a crime against themselves to see how good the cameras were and or how fast the footage was available.

was driving to work the morning and almost broke my neck looking at a passing dark NSX, sorry wasnt yours though

Dave - Sorry.........we've had a car (not NSX) stolen and a fishing boat stolen............feel for you. :mad:

IF you know the engine number and the transmission number of your NSX you may wish to post them up, here in your thread. I can't see any downside of listing them..........just in case it gets dismantled and the components marketed on the interwebz.

Keep your chin up.

Dave - Sorry.........we've had a car (not NSX) stolen and a fishing boat stolen............feel for you. :mad:

IF you know the engine number and the transmission number of your NSX you may wish to post them up, here in your thread. I can't see any downside of listing them..........just in case it gets dismantled and the components marketed on the interwebz.

Keep your chin up.

Thanks man! I sadly do not have those numbers... Is there a way to get them from Acura?

If you are cozy w/a particular Acura dealer you could call them/visit them and ask if they can provide these identifiers.
If you are not, I -may- be able to inquire on your VIN.
Pretty certain there are other Primers who work at dealerships - perhaps they can assist?

Wow sorry to hear! That security company needs to be fired, it shouldn't take more than a few hours. It'll be half way across the world by the time 7-10 days comes around

Most likely they stole your (ota) transmission of the garage opener. I can be done at amazing distances with the right antenna and software. I live in miami I've seen it all. An alarm system creates a false sense of security. You have to go a little bit further when if comes to these things.
https://youtu.be/amHrKWXlQ-8 this guy has a ton of useful info how to be ALERTED before hand I have a few projects Im about to work on cause I see this is starting to become a reemerging problem as the value of our cars increase and waiting days for answers is ridiculous🤦🏾*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh man. I'll be on the lookout if I see anything in the various marketplaces. Keep your head up NSX brotha.

... is going to take 7 -10 days for the monitoring company to get back with the footage.

Time for a new monitoring company ... I work for a smart home / home security company and there is no reason they should not have at the very most a 24 hour turn around. Who is the monitoring company?

Hoping your cars recovered intact and who's ever responsible ends up in jail, for a long time...Regards from a fellow 95 midnight pearl owner of only 3 weeks..

Back