• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STOLEN Dallas TX 1996 NSX-T Midnight Pearl

[emoji115]yeah I'm all over the market and that would have been a red flag (purple) nsx anything for sure in the last few years I've seen nothing. Well here in Miami they steal the car and ship them out of country asap glad you found yours[emoji1474]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update...

Car was taken to SCW Performance in Dallas and I have an initial report... I have not seen the car in person or the video of it being stolen from the parking garage but I was told that at first glance it appears from the video surveillance that the car was not removed from the garage under it's own power. Basically they let it roll down the 4 stories using gravity is all I have been able to get out of Stealth Monitoring. They are only giving the video to the detective investigating the theft.

There is damage to the rear bumper and tail lights so it is assumed that they pushed it with another car at some point.. The alarm on the car was still functioning when it was picked up by SCW... The car was eventually hot-wired at some point... Jeremy the owner of SCW told me it was for sure stolen by someone with knowledge of NSX's and their wiring. Initial estimate is over $10,000 on damage... SCW was able to get the car started today even with the missing ignition and the motor is making noise of internal damage. Jeremy made the comment it sounds like the car was over revved for a long period of time. His initial assumption is that the insurance company will want to just source a salvage motor and swap it out. I am interested in feedback on this decision. Would it not be better to just pull the motor and try to identify the source of the noise? I did a quick search on salvage yards for motors and I can get a 3.2L for $7000... Science of speed will do a factory refresh on my 3.0 for just under $6,000. Will the car take a hit on value without the original factory motor? Would I be better off swapping it to a 3.2L? Looking for any and all guidance from anyone who has been down this road... USAA is not yet aware of the noise coming from the motor so this is all speculation at this point. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback from those who have been down this road.

Dave, do you mind sending me a PM or contacting me at vtecpower at google's email service .com? I do not have PM ability, yet.

Back