• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

J-Swapped Nsx Turbo Kit

Hi Fellow members,

Id like to share some pictures and details on a turbo kit we are developing for the J-Swap Kits. Feel free to ask any questions on concern. Once kit is developed the vehicle will be going onto the dyno for testing results. This kit will come as a complete bolt in for the enthusiasts who would like to install it themselves. All parts are manufactured and welded in house. We will soon set up a jig table for this to release production line of the kit. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 738
Nice clean welds, and Burns stuff is the BEST!

Your welder seems to have great control and I'm super happy to see the slip fits are welded as they always seem to leak when boost is added.

Nice job, please show more when you can.

Awesome! Will the intake manifold be available for sale? :biggrin:

This is great news, keep us posted, more pics!! But in a way it's more of the same, are you going to be also looking in to twin turbos? With Jswap it opens up a lot of space for two smaller turbos to be bolt on to the block with very short headers. This will simplify the system as the oil return would be gravity driven, to make the system rock solid a water cooled turbo would be good idea.

Last edited:
This is great news, keep us posted, more pics!! But in a way it's more of the same, are you going to be also looking in to twin turbos? With Jswap it opens up a lot of space for two smaller turbos to be bolt on to the block with very short headers. This will simplify the system as the oil return would be gravity driven, to make the system rock solid a water cooled turbo would be good idea.

Yes, We will be looking to make a kit for the twin turbo in the near future as well. Once this is finalize and some numbers are proven we will make changes and look to make some comparison with the twin when developed.

Normally the 3 primaries for the front bank header are close to on the same plane for ground clearance on a C motor. Yours looks like it's in a triangle configuration which seems like it would hang down quite a bit, reducing ground clearance unless the J is mounted much higher?

Last edited:
I see Tonnee [MENTION=33887]genuinemotorsports[/MENTION] hasn’t been replying to this thread. His work has been on pause for the winter. The motor is being mildly built and still in the machine shop. Also Tonnee has been out of the country working on other cars and on vacation with family over seas. This project has taken longer than we anticipated due to parts that were only custom made to order and the engine being worked on by machine shops that doesn’t carry every day tools like torque plates for the Honda j series motors. But stay tune, we will be joining the NorCal Nsx group for nsxexpo 2018. If anyone is wondering how I know all this, it’s because Tonnee [MENTION=33887]genuinemotorsports[/MENTION] a close friend of mine and I know the guy who owns the nsx. I’ll keep you all posted

Back