• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Grom unit question

Greetings. I want to install a Grom unit in my 1991 NSX. What do I need to get and do to install one. I believe I need to plug it into the existing connection where the old CD player was plugged into and run a cable thru the firewall to connect to my phone. I think. Could some one let me know if this is correct and what I will need to order from Grom to complete the job. Or if there is a better alternative out there. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Behind the seat and the panel is a spot where the plug from the radio to the cd changer cable has a secondary connection. You can connect it there. So it's inside the cabin already. The link mcrider supplied has it somewhere.

Ok I'm a little lost here. Read the reply by Mcrider on installation of the Grom unit in the trunk. After I hook up the Grom unit to the MBUS cable in the trunk, do I now need to run a cable thru the fire wall to hook up my Iphone to the grom unit or is it now wireless. Thanks,

Mike Ekstrom

As long as you bought a Grom with Bluetooth then your good and its wireless. Just pick the CD source on the headunit. Although connection is hit or miss from the trunk for some people. I started in the trunk then moved it to behind the driver seat.

Back