• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kid's Day July 17-18 Watkins Glen

Larry and Bob were able to iron out the details, and we're on for the July 17th car show and dinner at the camp, and the next day, we'll be doing parade laps around Watkins Glen with the kids!!! Ask anyone that's done it before, this is the "can't miss" event. Putting a smile on these kids faces, is such a rush!!! Make plans and let's see if we can get more NSX's there, than NSXPO!!!!

who is running the track event?

Hi Folks,

KIDS DAY IS ON for 2017!!!!!!!!!
We will be holding Kid's Day July 17th-18th, at Camp Good Days as we have on the past.

The Kids will be so happy to see us back again!!!!

You can view pics from our 2016 event here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/196851-Kids-Day-2016-at-Watkins-Glen-Photos

We will go to the camp on Monday July 17th, mid-day, have a car show at the camp. The camp is located on the finger lakes, 643 West Lake Road, Branchport, NY 14418 near Watkins Glen, I will provide details/schedule soon. On Tuesday July 18th, we will head to Watkins Glen to take the kids out on the track for a few laps!!! I will update this thread with details as they unfold.

We would like as many NSX's as we can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
LarryB

wow go scda!

Going
RSO
Larry B
RPM
Mark and Sue
Speed Junkie (hopefully)
Jesse (maybe Sasha too!)
Frankie (A/K/A Lamchop)
Speed Junkie
Passline
Charlie (Silver 2002)

Last edited:
​I will do my best to protect the days and make it to the show...

Just an FYI:

We have been able to have the track donate lunch again but I was made aware that last year the kids ran out of food because our members got there first and apparently the headcount didn't include us. I am asking for a larger count but we would ask that our members allow the kids and counselors to eat first before we take any tables or food.

Last edited:
What a fun and emotionally rewarding car event....not to be missed....I will do my best to make it.

Roger,

Please add Jesse to the list, not sure about Sasha yet...

Thanks,
LarryB

I will be a maybe, most likely I will be there.......... When Larry B. PM's you, it's really difficult to say "No"............

Frankie

What time do we start at the camp on Monday the 17th? I have a Dr.'s appointment at 1 p.m. but it is on the way. I probably can't be there before 4 p.m.
If that is too late, I will change the appointment.

What time do we start at the camp on Monday the 17th? I have a Dr.'s appointment at 1 p.m. but it is on the way. I probably can't be there before 4 p.m.
If that is too late, I will change the appointment.

Typically we go to the camp around 2:00pm, let the kids enjoy the cars, then we have dinner with the Kid's that evening. I am thinking 4:00pm might be cutting it a little close, but really no big deal, should be fine.

Thanks,
LarryB

I'm booked at The Falls Motel, group rate $103. Put me on the list please Roger.

Ernie and Vicky, Ron and Ginnie, come on, you know that you're coming!!!

I guess I'm in, wife and work cleared! Hotel booked, not sure what they put me in but it's $103 ground level. Glad I could make it again.

Roger, please add me to the list!

Frankie

I guess I'm in, wife and work cleared! Hotel booked, not sure what they put me in but it's $103 ground level. Glad I could make it again.

Roger, please add me to the list!

Frankie
You were on the list, I just removed the "probably"!!!

O.K.! Dr.'s canx - Room booked at The Falls - I'm in 100%

Booked -
There's nothing like kids day.
And taking them around the track is priceless [plus they like to see what third gear can do].

THANK YOU to everyone who signed up so far!!! Let's keep the list growing and get our best turnout ever!

RSO
Larry B
RPM
Mark and Sue
Speed Junkie (hopefully)
Jesse (maybe Sasha too!)
Frankie (A/K/A Lamchop)
Speed Junkie
Passline
silver2002

Back