• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leaking clutch slave

My 05 has recently developed a leaking clutch slave cyl.:eek: has anyone else had this issue? How much would be a fair price to repair it?

Tony F

This is very simple repair. The slave is around 130bucks. If you can work on it, it's just a matter of 2 bolts, disconnect line, then prime the fluid. If you can't work on it, this may charge 2 hours in labor.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Also make sure you check the clutch master. Typically I have found the master leaks first.....

Very simple repair. I just replaced my slave cylinder this past weekend and total time with jacking the car up, remove ear wheel was about 1 hour. It was also my first time doing the job. I'd say the shop shouldn't charge you more than 1.5hr for the total job. Usually, I'd recommend to replace both master and slave cylinder at the same time. The master on my car was replaced last year by the PO. The slave leaked last week so I decided to replace it with Centric parts, those parts were found by members to be re-manufactured OE parts.

Slave cylinder

There is a great thread on how to change the slave and master cylinder on this forum. I think I bought the slave cylinder for $40 from Rock Auto. Good luck. Jerry

My 05 has recently developed a leaking clutch slave cyl.:eek: has anyone else had this issue? How much would be a fair price to repair it?

Tony F

Tony F if you don't mind, how many miles on your NFR 2005? And, how did you first notice the leaking clutch slave cylinder please?

T.I.A.

Back