• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some suggestions for our trip to the US for NSXPO 2017

Hi

My gf and I will be attending NSXPO yet again this year. We are both looking forward to meeting up with all you guys again. It will be a blast.

Usually I have had all the details about the US trip planned already in February. What we’re going to do and where. I used to have a plan to where I was going to go to the restroom (with GPS coordinates and everything and what I was planning to do in those restrooms. Number one or two).

This year I am way behind with the planning due to a family crisis. Both Anne and I are just fine. However her father is not. He left us some time ago and things have paused a bit. We have each other and we will forever. We agree that there is nothing better than each other out there.

What I need is suggestions on what to do when we are over there in the US (I will figure out where the restrooms are and what to do in them so don’t worry about that).

This is the what we got “planned” at the moment

02.09 Saturday we leave Norway in the afternoon
02.09 Saturday at 1920 (that is 0720 in the evening for those not on a 24h clock) we arrive Boston
02.09 Saturday->Thursday 07.09 stay in Boston and do things Whale safari? Do something
Need suggestions here please both on accommodations and things to do. Maybe only stay in Boston for the first night and go to somewhere close and do things? Who knows?

07.09 Thursday we fly from Boston to Chicago. Get a juiced up sticker tuned rental NSX substitute and blast our way up to Elkhart Lake for NSXPO
07.09 Thursday->Sunday NSXPO

07.09 Thursday leave Elkhart Lake and drive down to Chicago again and deliver the rental. Do things in Chicago? A lot of crime there isn’t it? Open for suggestions on what to do. Not necessary in Chicago, but something there somewhere.

What we had thought to do was to fly back to Boston again and get a rental (not as juiced up and sticker tuned as before) and drive to Portland and spend some time there?

We have from Sunday 07.09 until 15.09 Friday before we leave from Boston at 2120 for Norway.

We have not had the time or the guts to do a lot of Tripadvisor reading. I thought I would ask here to see if there are some suggestions on what to do when we’ll over there before the planning continues.

Tia

Last edited:
Hi

My gf and I will be attending NSXPO yet again this year. We are both looking forward to meeting up with all you guys again. It will be a blast.

Usually I have had all the details about the US trip planned already in February. What we’re going to do and where. I used to have a plan to where I was going to go to the restroom (with GPS coordinates and everything and what I was planning to do in those restrooms. Number one or two).

This year I am way behind with the planning due to a family crisis. Both Anne and I are just fine. However her father is not. He left us some time ago and things have paused a bit. We have each other and we will forever. We agree that there is nothing better than each other out there.

What I need is suggestions on what to do when we are over there in the US (I will figure out where the restrooms are and what to do in them so don’t worry about that).

This is the what we got “planned” at the moment

02.09 Saturday we leave Norway in the afternoon
02.09 Saturday at 1920 (that is 0720 in the evening for those not on a 24h clock) we arrive Boston
02.09 Saturday->Thursday 07.09 stay in Boston and do things Whale safari? Do something
Need suggestions here please both on accommodations and things to do. Maybe only stay in Boston for the first night and go to somewhere close and do things? Who knows?

07.09 Thursday we fly from Boston to Chicago. Get a juiced up sticker tuned rental NSX substitute and blast our way up to Elkhart Lake for NSXPO
07.09 Thursday->Sunday NSXPO

07.09 Thursday leave Elkhart Lake and drive down to Chicago again and deliver the rental. Do things in Chicago? A lot of crime there isn’t it? Open for suggestions on what to do. Not necessary in Chicago, but something there somewhere.

What we had thought to do was to fly back to Boston again and get a rental (not as juiced up and sticker tuned as before) and drive to Portland and spend some time there?

We have from Sunday 07.09 until 15.09 Friday before we leave from Boston at 2120 for Norway.

We have not had the time or the guts to do a lot of Tripadvisor reading. I thought I would ask here to see if there are some suggestions on what to do when we’ll over there before the planning continues.

Tia

You need to scroll down to WI.
http://amp.timeinc.net/travelandleisure/slideshows/worlds-greatest-public-bathrooms?source=dam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin

Send a PM to Speedmaster ( Morgan Bryan) here on Prime.
He is a Chicago resident and knows the city well (as does Ken Sax I might add)

For Boston send a PM to Turbo2go.
He can give you lots of suggestions.

I'm driving to Elkhart Lake and will see you there

Hey Martin. My wife works with a lady who lives in Chicago. Here was her "tourist shortlist":

"they should try to see Hamilton! also, the Skydeck at the Sears Tower (Willis Tower), Lincoln Park Zoo, Shedd Aquarium & the rest of Museum Campus, the Bean ("Cloudgate") at Millennium Park. Navy Pier, Second City, Steppenwolf if they like theater"

Hi

I got things pretty much figured out now. Boston will include this:

Toronto Blue Jays vs Boston Red Sox
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 04, 2017
AT 7:10PM (T4) GAME #66
Section: Field Box 25 Row: K

I will be taken out to the ballgame as a birthdaygift from by better half. I have to learn the game now quickly so I know what they are doing.

Martha's Vineyard on tuesday, Hop on hop off tour in Boston on monday early or wednesday (lunch at Cheer bar (the restrooms are pretty good there I hear)..if we go for hop on hop off thing on monday we will maybe go for whale safari on wednesday,

Then to Chicago. Drive up to Elkhart Lake.
Then back to Chicago to fly to Boston and drive up to Portland. What we'll do there are not set in stone yet. We thought that it would be more relaxing staying in Portland vs Chicago.

See you all soon

Thank you for your suggestions.

Time goes by so quick. Working hard now to get all the restrooms saved as favorites in my gps thing now..

Best regards

Back