• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Making your own intake hose

Just wondering if anyone has ideas on where to get an intake hose-like material. My mechanic suggested going to home depot and getting the same material they use for dryer vents. My hose currently runs from my NOVI 2000 supercharger to the side scoop area attached to a K&N cold air filter.

My intake hose is starting to wear and I don't want the dust/fibers to damage the SC. The intake outer diameter is 4" as noted on http://www.tracklab.biz/AirInduction/Superchargers/Paxton.html .

I would suggest getting one made with some piping. Anyone with some decent skills should be able to make one.

Dryer vents in a supercharger? I wouldn't put a dryer vent on my car. And I wouldn't listen to your mechanic anymore...

If you were to use a flexible vent there's some high temp stiff people use for their brake ducts and it's orangish in color. But I would also second of getting an aluminum pipe made. You'll also probably never have to replace it after getting it made.

Dryer vents in a supercharger? I wouldn't put a dryer vent on my car. And I wouldn't listen to your mechanic anymore...

If you were to use a flexible vent there's some high temp stiff people use for their brake ducts and it's orangish in color. But I would also second of getting an aluminum pipe made. You'll also probably never have to replace it after getting it made.

Back