• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ NSX-R OEM Arm rest for LHD NSXs

Hi, I'm now modding 02+ NSX-R arm rests to work for LHD models.

Please let me know if you'd like to have a set for your NSX rather than the OEM LHD non R arm rests.

Thanks
f0ad184fe4162496a550d71fe9d4a93b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

any pictures of what it looks like on the outside? Is this just the lid?

any pictures of what it looks like on the outside? Is this just the lid?
It's just the lid. So it looks like the absolute same but will work on lhd instead of rhd
30203236443bf3fea2b2e2e67c893547.jpg

Mark. I ordered the NSX-R lid. It's perfect. Fits on my center console, split arm rest like shit. What are you "modding"?

Hi Shem, the NA2 NSX-R lid is one door and only works with RHD. I mod the connection so that the LHD panel at the bottom can fit the RHD lid

I'm doing these at $200 for the arm rest and conversion. Before shipping

I have the 02+ NSX-R center lid installed on my LHD 91. I did the modification myself and found it to be extremely easy. To do the mod I simply swapped some of the hardware from my stock 91 lid with the hardware on the NSX-R lid. The modification is not permanent and can be easily reversed.

I believe I have every single NSX-R interior piece installed in my car that can be made to fit a LHD car, including even the entire NSX-R door panels. The NSX-R door panels fit a LHD car perfectly, however you loose the cutout for the trunk release button.

SpeedyPartsJapan: I'd really like to see a LHD solution for the NSX-R trim piece that houses the center speaker. And also a solution for an NSX-R dash. Both of those pieces are asymmetrical, making them impossible to fit on a LHD car. Perhaps you could locate the source in Japan of the rubbery like material that Honda wraps onto these pieces. The material could then be applied the LHD pieces. I would be very interested in buying this.

I have the 02+ NSX-R center lid installed on my LHD 91. I did the modification myself and found it to be extremely easy. To do the mod I simply swapped some of the hardware from my stock 91 lid with the hardware on the NSX-R lid. The modification is not permanent and can be easily reversed.

I believe I have every single NSX-R interior piece installed in my car that can be made to fit a LHD car, including even the entire NSX-R door panels. The NSX-R door panels fit a LHD car perfectly, however you loose the cutout for the trunk release button.

SpeedyPartsJapan: I'd really like to see a LHD solution for the NSX-R trim piece that houses the center speaker. And also a solution for an NSX-R dash. Both of those pieces are asymmetrical, making them impossible to fit on a LHD car. Perhaps you could locate the source in Japan of the rubbery like material that Honda wraps onto these pieces. The material could then be applied the LHD pieces. I would be very interested in buying this.

That would be literally cool. Unfortunately I cannot ask Honda to giving away their manufacturer that makes the small pieces. I guess we would just have to wait for someone skilled to make a LHD version.

Did you have to replace the center rear bulkhead panel (the panel with the speaker)? Folks say that the NSX-R single lid won't fit on cars that have dual lids.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ts-AMA/page2?p=2028318&viewfull=1#post2028318

As mentioned in that thread earlier, yes you need to replace the bulkhead panel. Here are more references:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/125115-Center-Consol-Armrest

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/169272-91-to-94-split-armrest-swap

As mentioned in that thread earlier, yes you need to replace the bulkhead panel. Here are more references:

I'm not one of those newbies that ask the same question ten times. (I'm new to NSX's and to Prime, but have spent decades on other forums, mostly Rennlist and FordGTforum.)

I understand that the one piece armrest of the pre-93 cars won't fit the later cars without replacing the center panel.

But it's not clear to me (yet) that the NSX-R lid is the same as the pre-93 lid, especially when a 1998 owner in this thread says, "I ordered the NSX-R lid. It's perfect. Fits on my center console..."

That's why I posted on this thread, asking him for details on what he found.

When there are multiple decades of cars and forum discussions of same, sometimes search doesn't always find all the info, especially for the later cars. (Also kinda surprised that Mita hasn't responded to my other post, since they are the folks selling the part lol.)

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm not one of those newbies that ask the same question ten times. (I'm new to NSX's and to Prime, but have spent decades on other forums, mostly Rennlist and FordGTforum.)

I understand that the one piece armrest of the pre-93 cars won't fit the later cars without replacing the center panel.

But it's not clear to me (yet) that the NSX-R lid is the same as the pre-93 lid, especially when a 1998 owner in this thread says, "I ordered the NSX-R lid. It's perfect. Fits on my center console..."

When there are multiple decades of cars and forum discussions of same, sometimes search doesn't always find all the info, especially for the later cars. (Also kinda surprised that Mita hasn't responded to my other post, since they are the folks selling the part lol.)

There are differences between the two single arm rests.

- leather that is used for the NA2R
- right hand drive only.

What I'm modding is the position change from right hand drive to left hand drive.

If you purchase the arm rest by itself only, it will not work immediately hence why we have the left hand drive mod available.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SM-N9700 から送信

There are differences between the two single arm rests.

- leather that is used for the NA2R
- right hand drive only.

What I'm modding is the position change from right hand drive to left hand drive.

If you purchase the arm rest by itself only, it will not work immediately hence why we have the left hand drive mod available.

I have a US LHD 2005 NSX.

If I order the NSX-R armrest from you with your LHD mod, will it fit my car without any other parts or modifications? Do I also have to change the rear bulkhead center panel to the pre-1993 version?

Last edited:
I have a US LHD 2005 NSX.

If I order the NSX-R armrest from you with your LHD mod, will it fit my car without any other parts or modifications? Do I also have to change the rear bulkhead center panel to the pre-1993 version?
Did you read the product description on the website?

With our left hand drive conversion, you must have the under panel of the single door arm rest already. The right hand drive panel will not fit the left hand drive box. You must screw the left hand drive panel onto the converted arm rest for it to apply.

If your arm rest right now is single panel then yes you can just install it without any other items needed. But if you have a split 2 door, then no you cannot install this.

Yes, I read the product description on your website, but as an NSX newbie (recently bought 2005 NSX to replace 993 C4 and Ford GT), was still confused.

But now I get it. You’re essentially saying that the “02+“ NSX-R armrest, even with your LHD conversion, only works with pre-1993 NSX’s, or later NSX’s that have been converted to pre-1993 single lid consoles and rear bulkheads.

Last edited:
Yes, I read the product description on your website, but as an NSX newbie (recently bought 2005 NSX to replace 993 C4 and Ford GT), was still confused.

But now I get it. You’re essentially saying that the “02+“ NSX-R armrest, even with your LHD conversion, only works with pre-1993 NSX’s, or later NSX’s that have been converted to pre-1993 single lid consoles and rear bulkheads.
There are left hand drive NSXs from 1994+ that have single door leather arm rests.

Left Hand Drive NSXs weren't only available in North America.

EU NSXs are also Left Hand Drive with single door arm rests.

Let me see if I can clear up...

I own a 1991 USDM LHD NSX. I purchased the Type-S single piece arm rest (same as 02+ R except the leather is different). I swapped the underside plastic piece from my 1991 single piece arm rest to the Type-S and it fits perfectly. So to answer your question, yes the 02+ R single piece will fit against the USDM 91-93 center bulkhead piece. But as Marc has pointed out you will need the LHD plastic underside piece.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...thread/page5?p=2003446&viewfull=1#post2003446

Back