• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

River Run 2017 Aerial Photos

First I have to thank Bob Mauer for planning an amazing and fun filled run today. And Mark for keeping the River Run Alive

Here is our first River Run Video from a very different perspective!

[video]https://aoffsie.smugmug.com/River-Run-2017-NJPA/i-7GSLzM5/A[/video]

RR3-XL.jpg

I hope you all enjoy the video. Comments are graciously accepted.

Alan

Attachments

• RR 2017 Park.jpg
    RR 2017 Park.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 164
In a word
GR8!

Remembrance Icing topping off a Grand Day.

Alan,
Awesome video! I think we have all the elements and talented people needed to put together the best NSXPO ever in 2019! Let's all get involved in making it happen.

Great job Alan! I can't wait to see the pictures after you get your pilots license.
Thanks to Mark for making River Run happen.
A special thanks to Bob for finding the best roads ever

Last edited:
If the previous Runs were this good, I've been missing out on a lot of fun. This was my first ever run - of any kind.

Mark - thanks for continuing the Run.
Bob - fantastic route.
Gary- thanks for letting us get up close to your 17.
Alan - cool video. I wonder if the drone could keep up if you use the "Follow Me" feature?

Thanks to everyone that I was following - I now see how quickly our cars can tackle the twisties. And to those following me - the tentative rookie - apologies for holding you up. I now know to be the tail. Lessons learned.

Last edited:
AMAZING!

I am so appreciative for all that you do for the group. What a great time and we really lucked out with the weather.

Thanks Mark for organizing the run, Bob for the route & Alan for the great aerial video. This was my first river run & it was great to meet some of the members and now I have to put those names to these Prime user names. Thanks - (another) Don

Ryan
Unfortunately even the best drones have a 30 minute airtime limit. The follow me works but my copter has a max speed of 45 mph and we were running.... well let's just say faster on average.
The other problem is trees they tend to get in the way :mad: which is really bad for the health of the drone.
Glad you enjoyed the run and the video. We're going to try an make this a regular occurrence since Bob O and I are usually climbing towers, hotels rooftops, ladders or scaffolds to get shots for NSX Driver at various events. Now we can have a ground and aerial team at our events.
Looking forward to NSXPO and any gatherings we can organize in between.

Last edited:
HHhhmmm:confused:

Why not simply clip a tag line to the drone for some NSX pull /assist:rolleyes:, plus keep it below trees and power lines etc?:eek:

It is the dawn of a new Don. Welcome!

Thanks Mark for organizing the run, Bob for the route & Alan for the great aerial video. This was my first river run & it was great to meet some of the members and now I have to put those names to these Prime user names. Thanks - (another) Don

Back