• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX OEM car covers?

What is up with the nuts asking price for OEM NSX car covers lately? :confused:

Normally I'd say it's the law of supply and demand, though there doesn't seem to be much of the latter.

Thanks for reading my Tapatalk signature

ive been wondering that recently too. $1k for a car cover?! oem or not, thats crazy. but that seems to be the "normal" asking price, although it looks like at that price they just sit in the market. when it's around $600ish, it gets sold relatively quick... which is still crazy to me. $600 for a car cover!!

the "NSX tax" is real...

I had a brand new one, never used for my old NA1 and sold it for $300 5 years ago. That seemed like a fair price. Cover king makes them for cheap, and they work too.

Thanks for reading my Tapatalk signature

It's like a weird stampede happening in the Prime classifieds, maybe from seeing a 'sold' posting and assuming that it went for $1000?

I sold an OEM cover in 9/16 in good condition, no holes, some dirt from contacting the tire.. $379.29 on ebay.

Completed auctions show a new in the Acura box cover for $300 on 4/5/17

Another used one sold on ebay for $110 on 4/6/17

People fetch $600 bucks for a damn trunk mat so I'd say the 1K for a car cover is about the reggie. This is one of the many reasons why I would never do a motor swap. In 15 years there'll be less nsx's and even more with turbo J-swaps.

Deals can still be found.Just got one in excellent condition with orignal bag and lock for $100 from a website I've never heard of lol.

I don't get it either. At $300 maybe but any more than that, it is ridiculous.

I've got a coverking and it fits great. Only paid about $230 for mine new.

I almost made this exact same post last week after seeing some of the FS ads. I couldn't justify it, nor is my paint that pristine which would require a cover.

You guys should see the market for discontinued 1997-1998 Integra Type R floor mats and trunk mats. Brand new floor mats just sold for $850 in seconds and new trunk mats have an asking price of up to $2000.

But really, why the complaints? You want anything associated with the NSX to go up in value (well, unless you're not an owner of course) :)

Original NSX car covers still seem to command a real premium. FWIW, I stopped using traditional car covers years ago. I use the clear plastic disposable "car condoms" I bought on Amazon. While I might not drive them often, doesn't mean I don't love just looking at them. I have OEM covers for all them just to have them but they are simply accessories for me at this point.

Back