• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type R Specs?

So, +68 HP, same electric motors, and yet 0-60 time goes up .01 sec, and top speed remains unchanged? Priced at $250,000? And they're going to reduce weight by reducing the padding in the seats???? Laughable fiction....... I wouldn't classify the Dupont Registry as a reliable source of information.

this is what happens when pot is legal for recreational use...

The HP does make sense .. I guess if it is a Type R, should be lighter weight .. But the Civic type R is 3,200 lb already, being FWD, non hybrid, I don't have high hope for Honda/Acura to make the NSX R super light weight, but from 3800 lb to ~35xx lb will make sense.So, just make it right at 600HP, and 3500lb, keep the hybrid system, may be cut one motor, and just keep two in front ...

Last edited:
don't bogart that splif....:tongue:

Gotta wait for an update from rolledansx on Temple of VTEC. His latest info is lots of carbon, no front motors and a small power bump on the ICE. He said the e-motor on the engine is giving them problems developing useable power beyond the current level. Allegedly, we'll see the R in 2020. He's been right about most of the NC1 news over the years...

That's the only way to get a Type R experience - Ditch the gimmicky front e-motors and their weak "torque vectoring" that suck the steering feedback out of the car. In order to justify all the hybrid development expense and the loss of the front motors, they'll have to at least triple the rear e-motor output....

I would just like to see a targa....

Bob I told you not to drink the bong water....

OP, great find! Wouldn't have thought they were talking about a Type R just by browsing and looking at that stock NSX picture.

Probably a Targa (just same power, along with updated 2019 coupe) and a slightly more power, slightly lighter Type S, with small extra $$ (Add ~ 50HP to 630HP, cut ~100lb, $20K more) will make more sense ..

On a side note, how downhill has the Dupont Registry gone! Man, when I was a kid it was simply amazing. I'd keep all the old issues and reread them over and over again. Now it's a 1/3 the size and the content is garbage. It's simply filled with tons of ads for mail order brides, mail enhancement pills and tacky watches. What happened to all the cool cars and stuff?

^^^^
The cool cars featured on Dupont are all online now. Times sure have changed...

I read that article in my copy of the DuPont and I thought I was reading an Enquirer article.
We have all read so much about the NSX over the years, I normally now just look for mistakes and false statements. Seldom do I ever learn anything new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...maybe Ted listened to me after all.....:wink:

Type R is fake news until Acura says its coming. I hope It happens, though!

Fake news per Honda, for now.

https://www.motor1.com/news/351774/acura-nsx-type-r-rumor/amp/

Acura NSX Type R To Debut In October With 650 HP, $200K Price? [UPDATE]

The premiere is allegedly scheduled to take place at the Tokyo Motor Show.

Update: An Acura spokesperson provided the following comment when Motor1.com reached out for confirmation: “The original article published on the Forbes contributor network was speculative and did not contain information on sourcing. While we have no announcements to make regarding future plans for NSX, we are pleased that numerous chassis improvements and an expanded color palette for model-year 2019 have yielded a 42% increase in U.S. sales."

Back