• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford GT 40 Track Testing Photos at Laguna Seca

Now I really want one:(

If the curb weight of the production vehicle is close to 3K lbs, then I guess I'll have to say bye-bye to the Zanardi!

That is...without a doubt...one of the most awesome cars I have ever seen.

You have to hand it to Ford. They are turning a 1960's era race car in to a 21st century road car. What car enthusiast does not get excited about this car!

This isn't the second gen NSX? Maybe a Honda Ford partnership?;)

That is a hot looking car. I'd never give up my X for it, but it would look good sitting next to it in my garage. hmmmmmmmmmm

Very nice looking car, almost reminds me of the XJ220 from certain angles. I definitely like the styling better than the Enzo and Carrera GT, and it's on par with the NSX (IMO), judging by the pics. Thanks for posting!

That car is HOT.....probably gonna go down as the most expensive American Sports car out the box aside from the Vector W2 when it first launched.

Isnt it supposed to be like 150 large??

Teej said:
That car is HOT.....probably gonna go down as the most expensive American Sports car out the box aside from the Vector W2 when it first launched.
No, the Saleen S7 is one American car that is more expensive. It sells for around $400k I believe.

I hope the Ford GT doesn't wind up in the Wrecked Exotics page like the Saleen.

I think that car looks sweet. I haven't liked the interior shots I have seen though.

I like the specs. 3000lbs, 500+ HP. Sounds like the perfect next NSX :)

Research & development. In this instance, it's more akin to lawful industrial espionage - or euphemistically, reverse engineering...

Beautiful cars in picture. Funny that they didn't look as sweet in real life though. I saw a yellow/orange prototype in last October and it looked a little bulky. Anyway, good job, Ford.
Steve

Yeah but did the Saleen S7 ever reallly go into production or was it always just a road car concept with maybe 3 built? I dont know too much about it which is why I ask.

Man, from that link (saleen link), you'd think the interior wouldnt look like as much azz as it does. (thumbsdown).

Back