• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Being careful at a car show is no guarantee.

Two incidents at a monthly car show I attend happened this morning.

1. There is a line of PORSCHES and a spot to park opened up.

A guy with a CHRYSLER pulls in and managed to hit one of the PORSCHES proving he is a nitwit. The owner threw a drink at the guys car and there was a lot of yelling.

2. A guy with a McLaren hit something backing into a spot. Lots of yelling before, so they were trying to warn him.

If I am standing close, I have no problem guiding people into a parking spot, and most appreciate it.

I always tell them if the cars were made for backing up, the seat would face that direction.

In the NC1, I feel more comfortable backing into a spot even with its average rear camera. The parking sensors are also a welcome aid.

Standard operating procedure at Cars and Coffee events is to help folks back in, and for those backing in to watch where they are going or ask for an assist. In my ‘99 NSX, sometimes I will ask for a spot if I need help. Result of said help is pics like this...

ca7bf6ee6b0a54d4d6b2c9925e5e1e83.jpg

UPDATE.

The McLaren was one of two, the guys wife drove the other one and it was reported she was just as shitty of a driver.

Turns out the guy backed his into a M6 (BMW) and pulled forward and backed into it again!

Then he refused to provide any ID or proof of insurance and he and his wife took off.

Cops responded and I was told that when the cops asked for witnesses, 14-17 hands went up.

Cops found the guy and he was cited for hit & run/leaving the scene of an accident.

His insurance company is gonna be thrilled.

Back